Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thebottoms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 11:08 AM
    My car bogs down real bad after it rains or it is moist out.
    Whenever it rains my cars check engine light comes on and it runs pretty crappy. It bogs down and when you give it gas to go, it barely wants to go. But after a couple of hours of driving it runs normal. Also, if hit has been a moist night the same thing happens the next day. I was wandering what might be the problem and the best way to fix it? I drive a 2001 Kia Rio. THanks
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Not knowing much about your car and type of ignition. This kind of failure is usually due to an ignition system problem: wires, coil, distributer etc.

Even a temperature sensor can cause this sort of problem. Temperature sets whether the engine is running in open loop. An Oxygen sensor can do it too.

Get the code read. Some auto-parts stores will do it free.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 01:52 PM
    The link below may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post520809
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Is the check engine light flashing or just staying on solid? Have a computer test done to determine what's causing the light to illuminate; it will save you a lot of time trying to figure it out yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioning unit-heat pump-air smells moist [ 3 Answers ]

The air coming from my vents smell as if something may be wet. I know that sounds crazy, but could the air be passing through some moisture source? We have the heat on at the current time. Last week we had the air on, I smelled this same smell. The air filter had this particular smell on it, like...

B&S engine idles, but bogs and dies on acceleration [ 1 Answers ]

This is an 8 hp B&S horizontal shaft motor. Appears to be a pulsa jet carb. Been sitting 2 years. Pulled carb and cleaned. Looked at diapham, etc. It starts fine. Engine will speed up with opening the idle screw. Open the throttle and it bogs/dies. Hand feed gas to carb when opening the...

1996 Civic Ex Bogs Down and Misfires when I accelerate. [ 7 Answers ]

My 1996 Civic Ex bogs down and misfires while accelerating. When it misfires, I lose all power to the engine and the car jerks really hard. I have no idea what is wrong. I ran some fuel injection cleaner with my tank of gas (about 1/2 full still) and alas, no headway (even worse actually). Please...

View more questions Search