Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherice1977 Posts: 53, Reputation: -3

May 22, 2008, 08:56 AM
    I signed a contract for a small breed dog
    OK I recently traded my rings for a dog ,he is havanese which he is so cute but any ways the woman made me sign a contract saying I would get him neutered ,but she lied to me about his age . She said he is 5 months old and he is really like 2 years old. Should I honor the contract?since she lied to me I shouldn't do any of that,that's what I think, another thing the woman didn't even give me papers on the dog!what a witch.
    babygurl33339 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 09:04 AM
    If the contract said that he was 5 months old on it then yes, you could even take her to court over it but, if the contract doesn't say what age the dog is that you can't do anything about it and if you do ignore it she could take you to court!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 09:36 AM
    I'm not going to answer your questions because I am very upset with you. You are willing to breed a dog with questionable background with another type of dog. You are contributing to the number of unwanted dogs that will end up being destroyed. Yeah, they will be cute, and people will take them in and perhaps even pay you. You need to pay close attention to the medical conditions that these dogs are prone to. You are increasing the odds of multile problems and what end up is that they end up in shelter or worse yet put down. As you stated you sold your rings for this dog and now you want puppies.

Leave it to a professional breeder. Love your pup and honor the contract for nuetoring.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2008, 12:24 PM
    I'll go even further and say that this seems more like a cheap attempt to advertise that someone has a small breed dog available for stud service, and that the justification is entirely bogus. And it would probably be a good idea for a moderator to remove the contact info from the original post.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 22, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Froggy, I was thinking the same thing. Looks like a bit of advertising,not a legitimate concern.

If you do want advice, here it is. Go to your local shelter and take a look at the amount of dogs that are there, do you want to add to that? There are enough dogs without homes out there already, don't add to that. Get you dog neutered, like you promised, and just enjoy him.
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

May 22, 2008, 07:59 PM
    In the last few months I have seen, and I quote the owners, spelling and all: Chorkies, Pomaweenians, Bulloxen, Jackrats, Butterfly-eared Chihuahuas, Great Dain Mixed with Massive, and a Montese/Yorkster.
    This tells me that someone's dog got bred by another breed, accidentally or on purpose. The owners made up a cutsey name, sometimes even bothered to get them "registered" with some agency all too happy to accept someone's payment in exchange for a piece of paper worth no more than cage lining material. They then sold these "designer dogs" to some unsuspecting customers to expose their ignorance by bragging about their rare and special pets.
    If they had bothered to check out the local shelter, they would have found plenty of these "breeds", otherwise known as mutts or mongrels there. They would have had just as special a pet for much less money and maybe there would be fewer designer dogs in the freezer in the back, in the incerator and in the local landfill.
    If this sounds harsh, I guess I meant it to. I have had to kill way too many sweet mixed breed dogs to be impressed by someone trying to get back at an unscrupulous breeder by becoming one themselves.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 06:17 PM
    What appeared to be advertising edited out
    Chameleon Posts: 154, Reputation: 17

May 23, 2008, 10:45 PM
    So what if you don't get papers... so what if he's 2 years old? I just adopted a shnoodle from the shelter a month ago and they had him listed as 6 months and he's closer to 2 years. I had to sign a contract saying id get him neutered. They neutered him for me, and his adoption fee was $100. Just enjoy the companionship provided by your pup. If all you bought him for was to breed him, then you shouldn't have bought him. My husband wants to breed his malamute, but he wants to do so for the love of the breed, not for the money. If you don't want the dog for companionship reasons, then please do the dog a favor and find a loving home for him so he doesn't end up in a shelter.

May 26, 2008, 10:27 PM
    U guys got me f**cked up I wanted to mate him just to get myself a pup like I was supposed to get.I had no idea that mix breeding can be so called dangerous and I'm not in to anything for any kind of money.

May 26, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Thanks for the advice people was very interesting,but I think I'm going to have more pups for the shelter.thank you.
    boredINmind Posts: 87, Reputation: 2

May 27, 2008, 01:00 AM
    Wow, that was a completely bogus statement. At first I thought they had been jumping to conclusions, now I think they are right.

Not only do I think that you should have him neutered as stated in the contract, I think the woman you got the dog from should take YOU to court and should print out this topic as evidence.

But to answer your question, the contract is only void if she stated false information in it. If the age is wrote in the contract as inaccurate info, then it is a legal matter. If you were willing to buy a dog and sign a legally binding contract, it would only make sense to take him to the vet first to make sure of what you are buying, the same as a test drive for a car. If the age is not stated in the contract, then you are legally obligated to get him fixed and not "have more pups for the shelter."

May 27, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Guess what?it's not your guy's dog so don't worry OK.I just come on here and asked a simple question I didn't come on here to ask anyone if they are a genius.
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2008, 04:54 PM
    We know that you are not. Do you have any respect for the pups sake? You are very selfish

May 27, 2008, 04:56 PM
    The shelter sells small breed dogs like this for $250 so I'm sure who ever buys the dogs aren't just throwing there money in the trash and another thing I called the shelter and they said that the small breed dogs go really fast so I think u people ain't got nothing to do but set around and judge someone.Let god do his work and stay out of it... Thank you... peace out...
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2008, 04:59 PM
    You are a wako. They are not charging you a fee for the dog, it is a donation. Furthermore it is not G-D's work what you are doing. Youasked for our opinion and we gave it to you. You are unable to defend your ideas and therefore you feel threatened. Too bad for you. I feel no mercy for. You deserve all that you get in life. May G-D have mercy on your soul.

May 27, 2008, 05:02 PM
    No lady your wacko maybe u need some medication that might help... duh! I know I can't sell animals to an animal shelter geese how did u become a senior member?
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2008, 05:05 PM
    I have a pretty good rep can't say that about you.

May 27, 2008, 05:07 PM
    I really don't care for your opinion, your actually your getting on my nerves lady.Dont talk to me anymore.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 28, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Sherice1977- You asked for an opinion, you got the opinion, now your mad because you don't like what was said. That there are 1000's of unwanted dogs that are put to sleep every year because people are careless or greedy and breed their dogs and then have no homes for them. Go to your local animal shelter, look into the eyes of the dogs that are behind those bars, some of them for months before they get adopted, some never seeing the light of day again, never getting adopted, but walking to the room down the hall never to come out again. I've been to the shelter, I will never ever buy a dog from a breeder, pet store or careless pet owner again, allot of my pets (I have 8) are shelter rescues, and all future pets will be shelter rescues. Please think about what you are doing, don't do it because you want a puppy, don't do it because you're angry with the advice you got here, just don't do it, please.

To bring it home, here's a little story about a dog named Boots, he was an 8 year old border collie cross. I first met Boots around 1 year ago, when we went to adopt our 2nd rabbit, Boots had already been in the shelter for around 1 year at that time. He had allot of restrictions, he couldn't be in a home with children, or other pets, otherwise Boots would have come home with me. I sent supplies for Boots, visited Boots, wrote emails asking how he was, was he adopted, was he okay? After 1 1/2 years at the shelter they had to euthanize Boots, he went cage crazy (it happens). Here's a picture of Boots.

Name:  5226sm.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  2.0 KB

God gave you free will, so use it, get your dog fixed like you promised and enjoy him for him, don't add to a growing problem.

Good luck.

May 28, 2008, 07:59 PM
    I never knew about the situation with the animals because I haven't had a dog in years since I was a kid,I was only mad because everyone so rudely jumped on me without even knowing anything about me.Im not going to breed my dog.I promise I'm going to get him neutered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Contract Changes after Accepted and Signed Contract [ 12 Answers ]

We recently had an offer accepted on a house. Both parties signed the contract. Our lawyer signed off on the contract. Their lawyer put a contingency that they find suitable housing. This was not mentioned at the time they accepted the offer. Upon the sellers accepting our offer, we listed and...

Upon death of a seller in a real estate contract, how to get a buyer out of contract [ 23 Answers ]

In the state of Missouri, a seller in the middle of a sales contract died. The closing time is not yet lapsed and all the contingencies on the buyer side is fulfilled. There is will in place and an executor named for the estate already. The son (named executor) can not legally sign for the deceased...

Commitment letter given & contract of buy is signed, can denial letter make/break? [ 4 Answers ]

My parents "were" in the process of selling their home. The buyers had gotten approved for the loan and signed the contract to close on the house. They put down 1/2 of their down payment as one of two. The second payment would be transferred at closing. The shady buyers decided they...

Deposit on auto contract signed - but dealer can't locate car [ 5 Answers ]

I just signed an contract for a new 2007 tiburon, I got the GT v6 with the sun and sound package, and I am ONLY looking for black/black, I put a 1,200 deposit on the car.. it says its non refundable, if I cancel... but what I want to know is what if the dealer can't find the car. How long do I have...

Real Estate Contract signed under duress [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I were considering purchasing a home but decided against it due to discovering some problems with the wastewater disposal system. A bit of a legal "dogfight" ensued after we tried to get released from the contract but the matter has finally been resolved. As a piece of sidebar...

View more questions Search