Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lomar558 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Wiring info - older Weathertron thermostat with White Rodgers
    Looking for wiring instructions in replacing older bulb type Weathertron thermostat model
    3AAT80A101 with wiring as follow:
    G - black
    Y - white
    X2 - white looped with - W - terminal
    B - black
    O - white
    R - red
    Unidentified contact - red

To be replaced with White Rodgers, model 1F89-211, wiring diagram as follow:
    C -
    L -
    W2 already looped with -E -
    R -
    G -
    O/B -
    Y -

Thanking you in advance for your kind attention in helping me with this wiring situation.

Lomar558
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 21, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomar558
    Looking for wiring instructions in replacing older bulb type Weathertron thermostat model
    3AAT80A101 with wiring as follow:
    G - black
    Y - white
    X2 - white looped with - W - terminal
    B - black
    O - white
    R - red
    Unidentified contact - red

To be replaced with White Rodgers, model 1F89-211, wiring diagram as follow:
    C -
    L -
    W2 already looped with -E -
    R -
    G -
    O/B -
    Y -

Thanking you in advance for your kind attention in helping me with this wiring situation.

Lomar558

The old thermostat is not listed in my books and could be a bad number.

The wiring color combination for the old thermostat is not standard further complicating the issue.

Here is the new stat info.

http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/.../0037-6233.pdf

As you can see the color normally used for the A/C circuit is usually yellow and yours is white. This is just one of many wiring color problems you have.

Here is another diagram for you with wiring change overs.

http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/.../0037-6262.pdf

The GE bay/Trane color codes are listed on this one with suggested color terminal changes.

This is all on site work to be safe and I cannot help being so far away.

One thing I would do if there is I would track down every wire and see where it goes. Then I would know for sure which wires to land on which terminal.

If all of this sounds complicated it could be. If you do not feel comfortable it would be best to call a professional so they can make a on site visit to your house and wire the new thermostat for you. Sometimes it is cheaper in the long run to have a pro do the work.One wire mistake could cost you some damage to the new thermostat or the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changed over from White Rodgers Thermostat to Honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-58 heat pump thermostat that I have changed over to a Honeywell programmable thermostat model RTH7400. Did all the correct wiring as stated in the books but when set to cool, the heater kicks on instead of the central air conditioning. What...

Need Wiring help for a White-Rodgers Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 wire (red & White) heat only system. It is steam heat run by gas. Currently I have Honeywell thermostat which uses 3 AA batteries. Thermostat has R, RC, O, W, Y, G terminals. R and RC terminals are connected by a jumper cable. I have Red wire connected to terminal R and white wire...

Weathertron to White-Rodgers; Sticky here is wrong. [ 1 Answers ]

First the sticky at the beginning of this topic on wiring codes is wrong; brown (tan) is not normally common, it is almost always a Trane-specific wire not used on non-Trane/Weathertron/GE stats. Common is usually blue or black and connects to C. It also doesn't answer my issue, which I've never...

White-Rodgers to new Hunter Thermostat (Wiring Help Please) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a new home, built in 2003, with Central Heat and Air. It's all run off electricity and is using a Lennox Model CB29M-41-1P heat pump. The WHITE ROGERS DIGITAL HEAT PUMP THERMOSTAT 1F89-211 used the following wires: White Red Brown Orange Yellow

Rplacing Weathertron thermostat with White Rodgers [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a heat pump with auxiliary electric heat controlled by a Trane Weathertron thermostat. I am attempting to upgrade the thermostat with a programmable White -Rodgers(1F85-277)heat pump thermostat.I want to verify the correct wiring hookup for White-Rodgers Thermostat to the current...

View more questions Search