Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanda100981 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2006, 10:38 PM
    Major Cat Problems
    My cat is almost 3 years old and has had major issues most of her life. She is generally a timid cat who does not like strangers or other animals. She has a skin problem which causes her to itch uncontrolably on her head and face only. She has had lab work and is on or has been on several treatments, all of which have been ineffective. Just recently she has started to sleep in her litter tray even when dirty and has urinated on my bed twice. She is seems depressed and I feel she itches due to anxiety but do not know what to do with her. PLEASE HELP!!
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Feb 27, 2006, 10:46 AM
    I am sorry your cat hasn't been the kind of ideal pet you had hoped for, but she needs your help. :)

Have you taken a good look at the environment around your cat? Is there lots of noise or are people coming and going often? How much time is everyone spending with her? Is anyone being “mean” or trying to always scare your kitty? Is there anyone in the household she trusts? Are there other pets?

Peeing in your bed is her way to tell you she is unhappy.

I would suggest treating her like a baby. You want to be very slow and gentle with her, speak softly, give her lots of praise and attention, take care of her itchy skin, and make sure she is in a protected space.

It may be a long shot, but I would also get a humidifier for the house/room. The white noise will block out other sounds, and the humidity may help with her skin.

She may be sleeping in the litter box because she believes it is a safe place, or perhaps the granules of the litter relieve itchiness in her skin.

It sounds like you have been taking her to the vet already because of her skin problems. I would also make sure you talk with your vet about her behaviors, and keep her going in for check ups.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Major Help [ 2 Answers ]

Ok Last yr my 10 yr old daughter went to live with her father, we agreed if she wanted to come back home she could. We went to court and made it to where he had physical cutody, but judge left me with lega custody. I was to have visitation every other weekend Well I got it about 3 times.. the...

Major Relationship Problems [ 99 Answers ]

My Bf and I have been together for almost 5 years now.. sure we had a rocky start but we were young and still are... A little while back I posted the "My Bf thinks i'm a leach" post (link is) https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/boyfriend-thinks-im-leach-32210.html Things got better until...

I need major help! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a big problem at school. OK, there is this guy and he has a girlfriend. At the beginning og November he was flirting with me. But I didn't know that he had a girlfriend. So, one of my friends say that he said that I went to talk to him saying that to break up with his girl friend. Which I...

Help me! I'm having a major break down! [ 7 Answers ]

There are two guys at school they both like me. One's a year older, the other is the same age. The guy who is the same age as me is going to ask me out soon it's what my friends all say who overheard him talking but he would treat "Going Out" as just a title and that's not what I want but he's...

MAJOR wiring problems... [ 3 Answers ]

I have some rental property, where the first tenant 'rewired' the furnace for "me". He burnt up the contact switch in the a/c unit. The next tenant had her uncle come out to troubleshoot it. He removed the contact switch from the a/c unit, then decided he didn't want to put it back in. So, now,...

View more questions Search