Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CyndiLauper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Accounting Receivables
    Can I have an exampel of percentage of receivables basis for estimating uncollectible accounts
    delite Posts: 202, Reputation: 3

May 20, 2008, 08:51 PM
    You Need To Take An Historical Past Of Nonperforming Receivables.match This To Actual Receivalbles. Get Your Percentage. Do This For 5 Yrs And You Have Attained Enough Background To Use Study To Project You Own Current Writeoff Based On Past Historoical Facts,
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Are you looking for an example of the entries that are to be made?
    delite Posts: 202, Reputation: 3

May 22, 2008, 09:02 PM
    It seems my response was correct, morgaine contribute nothing to the discussion
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 11:41 PM
    Sigh. If the person was looking for how to do the entries, then your response was not only not adequate, but completely useless. There's a lot of homework questions on here and I'm leaving the door open that this might be what they want. The original poster was not exactly explicit in what type of "example" she wanted, so I fail to understand how you can know if your response was correct, or if it was adequate, or whether she might need more information. Is there a reason it's hurting you if I simply ask this question of the original poster? I also fail to understand why you're taking offense to me asking her this question. I also fail to understand how you can know whether the original poster found your answer adequate, or whether she thinks my response is worth anything. She is the only one who can decide that, and if she's not looking for the entries and your answer was the one she was looking for, well good for you and so be it. I mean, whatever. Jeez.

You also really don't have much room to talk:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/accoun...ax-216290.html
    I'd already answered the question that it was not earned income and was a capital gain, and even gave a link to a publication at the IRS. Did your answer that it's a capital asset and counted as capital gain really contribute anything more to the post? No, you were just repeating what I'd already said. But I didn't find it necessary to post back with "Delite contributes nothing to this discussion because I've already answered correctly."

So really, what exactly is your issue?

I've had plenty of things I could have said to your responses. But mostly I've kept my mouth shut. But after this BS nonsense response to me, maybe I won't be keeping it shut any longer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounts receivables [ 2 Answers ]

How do I report receivables on its classified balance sheet? Allowances for uncollectible accounts Cash Accounts receivable Accounts payable Salaries revenue Other assets Cost of goods sold and other expenses Notes payable

Collection of Receivables [ 3 Answers ]

How can management practices speed the collection of receivables

View more questions Search