Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShelB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 05:48 PM
    looking for information on House of RanSu
    I have a piece of art work titled "300-1 Spring" from the House of RanSu, Elmhurst, NY. Just trying to find out if there is any value to it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 12:43 AM
    What kind of art is it? Are there any other identifying marks such as words, letters or numbers on it anywhere?

Does it look anything like the objects that you will find on the following link?

Tiki Central Forums - Topic: House of Ran Su

May 22, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Yes, it does. Mine has two flowers of different heights. The petals are wood, somewhat triangular in shape... very three dimensional, on a wood board. It also has a butterfly in the upper righthand corner. The label is exactly the same as the one you asked me about. The size is 18x22.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 01:43 AM
    There are some prices for another object on the following link that was made by the House of Ran Su. 이베이쇼핑 - Ran Su Tiki Wall Art Woodcut Wood Carving Cherry Tree - EBAYSHOPPING It would appear that they potentially could be worth quite a bit of money. However, if what you have is beautiful and much appreciated by you, then it is priceless! :)

May 27, 2008, 04:01 PM
    I wouldn't call my beautiful. Just not my taste. The weeping cherry tree is quite nice though. I'll hang on to my a while and see what I can find. If you happen to see anything else about this, please let me know. Thanks for your help.
    RanWiz Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Hi - My first AskMeHelpDesk posting....
    My parents lived in Elmhurst in the '60's... and bought one African motif RanSu which hung in our playroom for years... and came to me eventually. I found another RanSu at a yard sale about 10 years ago = $5. I think they are NOT worth much as Art goes... no collectors, no presence in the art world. Yet... the one we had left a thirst for more... If you can send a photo of yours... I might be interested in buying it. I'll share a photo of the two I have - both are in less than good condition now.
    RanSuArtAnswers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 01:02 PM
    RanSu moved to Merrick Long Island but closed in the early 1990's. I used to work there and just found out that the artist and creative mind behind those pieces passed away about 3 years ago. Rest in peace Jeremiah.
    aratinga Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2014, 10:27 AM
    RanSu was my uncle, Jerome Perlmutter. He named his company RanSu after his two girls, Randee and Susan. He had a production factory in Elmhurst, Queens, which is where he lived as a child. He attended Parsons and worked in commercial art before going out on his own.

He did indeed retire to his house in Merrick, and he passed prematurely in 2006, I think.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How Can I find Information on the person who owned my House [ 4 Answers ]

I feel has if my house is haunted. My youngest cat is always crying up at the celing and her mother is always looking out in to our hall. We can never see anything however bot my neighbours and my brother hve all felt as if sombody had walked over our grave, thiis only happens when the person is...

My house trained dog has recently began going in the house. [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has recently began going to the bathroom in my house and I don't understand why. Could he be mad at me? I just started a new 8-5 job and I started keeping him in the bathroom while I'm at work. I use to keep him outside, but it's cold and I always worry that he's freezing while I'm gone. I...

Owner of the House Lost House While We're Still Paying Him Rent [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently going through a somewhat messy situation.. My husband and I moved into this house in Victorville about 2 and a half years ago. The house was perfect and the rent was suitable and our 5 kids loved the neighborhood and their new schools. Well about three weeks ago this man had came over...

Trying to find out information on a house. [ 5 Answers ]

There is an abandoned house on a dead end road near where I live. The city has no record of it's address and I've only been able to find a address thought the eletric compony, there is no mail box and the numbers on the street don't match up. Where can I find info about a house that doesn't...

View more questions Search