Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skeetdeb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Whirlpool Duet Dryer
    My Whirlpool Duet Dryer is less than 2 years old. The control panel lights do not come on even though the interior light comes on. The repair man has been here four times to the tune of $ 400.00. He said it was the control panel and it needed to be replaced. That took a week to get parts, but it worked for one load. He came back 2 days later and the stupid thing went on for him. He said it must be something electrical, to have an electrician check it. Well, the electrician said all was well and the dryer was still working, so... two days later, not working once again. Had the electrician check things out, nothing wrong. A few hours later, I went back in to try it again, guess what! It's working again. Any ideas?? Debi in West Palm Beach
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

May 19, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Replace the dryer! If your warranty is dead, take the receipts, and information recorded by your appliance repair person and electrician to the place you purchased the appliance, and ask for a replacement. I'm pretty sure they will give you a new one. Then have a different electrical contractor look at your wiring from the panel to the load (dryer)<--they (electrical contractor) should not be checking the dryer receptacle outlet only.

Just my .02 cents
    cbs Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 05:56 AM

Did you ever find out what the problem was? I'm having the same issue with my Duet Dryer. I had two electricians and one whirlpool tech all test my electrical and there were no problems but my dryer still just shuts off for no reason. Sometimes it will come right back on and sometimes it takes hours. Also I can hear a buzzing noise intermittently coming from the dryer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Duet Dryer will not start [ 3 Answers ]

Whirlpool duet Dryer will not turn on. It will show the display on the screen and will even count the timer down but it will not turn on. Someone said that it could possibly be the thermal fuse.... Where is that located? Thanks

Whirlpool duet dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Whirlpool Duet dryer model #GEW9200LW0 IT WONT START! The controls light up but all it does is beep when I press and hold the start button. I have tried. Made sure the door was closed.. lol;) Unplugging and plugging back in Locking and unlocking the controls Checked the...

Whirlpool duet dryer '07 model [ 1 Answers ]

The lite on the left bottom of the dryer is lit that says "control lock" which prevents the dryer from turning on, I cannot get it to shut off. Any knowledge on this? I do not have a manual. Thanks

View more questions Search