Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GKelly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2006, 01:36 PM
    Water Backup
    Recently I replaced the original elbow (40+ yrs old) on my upstairs sink because the plug had rusted out. After doing so the sink worked great - unfortunately the next day when the upstairs shower or the kitchen sink was used it backs up into the main floor bathtub. I have tried plunging while sealing the overflow valve and pouring boiling water down the drain. Can you Help?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 25, 2006, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GKelly
    Recently I replaced the original elbow (40+ yrs old) on my upstairs sink because the plug had rusted out. After doing so the sink worked great - unfortunately the next day when the upstairs shower or the kitchen sink was used it backs up into the main floor bathtub. I have tried plunging while sealing the overflow valve and pouring boiling water down the drain. Can you Help?
    You have a clog downstream from the bathtub. The drain line must be snaked and cleared. You can go in through the 1st floor bathroon lavatory vent on the roof or you may remove the tub overflow plate and pull out the brass stopper and go down past the trap. Your choice, but one way or the other that drain line has to be snaked out. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement backup [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Our house in Wisconsin was built in the late 20's and does not have drain tile or a sump pump. After most large rainfalls we get water coming up from cracks in the floor. We will probably be putting in tiles and a pump because that alone is a huge pain. After this last large...

Water backup under kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there, I have got a leak that is under my kitchen sink and seems to be under the floor. When I drain water it goes down the drain and then it bubbles up from under the floor under my sink and out onto my kitchen floor. It smells really bad. I had a plumber come out about a year ago to...

Backup in drain [ 1 Answers ]

I snaked my basement toilet drain - removed some baby wipes from it - thought it was clear, the water subsided - then I drained the upstairs bathtub and the basement toilet drain flooded again - what could be the problem? Emergency - please help asap.

Backup [ 1 Answers ]

I have Server Dell 4400 power edge OS: NT 4 Server with Service Pack 6 Tape Drive: Compaq DLT7000 External Backup Software: Arc Serve 2000 When I take the backup, it starts successfully and after finishing the First tape it asks for the second tape to continue, when we insert second Tape....

View more questions Search