Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tracyeilayna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2006, 12:35 PM
    Seeking Paternity Legal Advice
    I am a married women of 15 years and have a child who is 5 years old. I had an affair 5 years ago outside of my marriage, and the guy thinks he may be my child's biological father five years later. My husband knows nothing about this, and never question paternity or had no reason to. Does this man have any rights to interrupt my child's life and question the biology of my child?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2006, 12:45 PM
    Yes he does.

Here is a suggestion though.

Order one of those online DNA kits. They are about $50.

Then, get a sample of saliva from this guys mouth and your son's. Send it to the lab, and then see the results. If its negative, he should go away. And if he doesn't, deny that you ever slept with this man when he comes forward. That will help your relationship with your husband.

If it's positive, then that is a problem.
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Feb 25, 2006, 02:50 PM
    As the Captain says... and do it quickly as possible as a proactive measure, before you get called to court over it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2006, 06:39 PM
    Yes he does, and if he is the child's father then you will have a entire mess to deal with.

Your options, confess the affair to your husband yourself, ask for forgiveness and get the test done.

Don't tell husband, agree to the test and get it done without husband knowing. ( if he is the father that will be the end of it most likely)

Or wait till you get served with court papers at home or work, everyone finds out, husband is now mad not only about the affair but also about the court order. You then have the test.

Most likely the guy will not take a mail order DNA test, but most cities or doctos can do the test and send it to an approved lab.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2006, 06:44 PM
    If your ex boyfriend doesn't agree to the mail order test, that is fine.

Just take a swab of salvia from your husband as he sleeps one night. Perhaps his hair could also be used.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2006, 06:46 PM
    Or even take the child to the doctor, he can merely think this is just a check up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are you seeking advice [ 1 Answers ]

I am a clairvoyant, empathic reader I also do tarot, scrying, poastlife, automatic writing I have been doing this for over 20yrs I personaly have seen astrol outer body (outer body experience) I have had dreams that came true 4yrs later as well of 4months I even predicted my own daughters...

Legal rights/paternity [ 4 Answers ]

I found out I have a two y/o son recently. Mother says she got pregnant purposely to have sibling for older brother. She agreed to let me see him which I have regularly since I found out. I also established paternity through a blood test. Problem is, I want to see child more than mother wants me...

Seeking advice on rough-in [ 11 Answers ]

Hello! Just got my blocks laid for a new garage addition to my home and need to make sure I am on the right track. I had initially planned to have the plumbing rough done by a plumber but after contacting 6 "respectable" plumbers and getting no interest I have decided to tackle this myself. I had...

Seeking Legal Advice [ 11 Answers ]

I need some legal advice. Last June I contacted an owner of a domain site and asked if he would be interested in partnering with me. I will build the site and he wouldn't have to do anything. In return he would get a % or revenue. So after 2 months of me working on it, the guy stops returning...

Seeking debt advice [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone... I wish I was posting under better circumstances, but I'm not. I need help. After I left college, I found myself in a deep amount of debt. My friends and famly are so beyond helping me and who can blame them. I was thinking of calling a credit counselor but am so nervous. I've...

View more questions Search