Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Sharonj1's Avatar
    Sharonj1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 17, 2008, 06:11 AM
    Do you have to pay child support once you sign over your rights in another state?
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

    May 17, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Yes. Signing over your rights doesn't mean you don't have to support your child.
    needinghelp101's Avatar
    needinghelp101 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 17, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Yes you do. I have spoke to attorneys about this already. Even if they are in a different state
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,303, Reputation: 7691

    May 17, 2008, 07:54 AM
    Well a few things, first your child custody and child support orders have to be done though the proper courts. So if another court has authority over this case, but on the order giving up rights was the other parent served and have a right to contest?

    But with that said, it does not matter if you gave up your rights or not, giving up rights does not stop your requirements to pay child support

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does anyone sign away parental rights, if they still pay child support? [ 10 Answers ]

I've been doing lots of reading up on signing away parental rights, and have read over and over that you are only signing away your rights, not your responsibilities or obligations. What I don't understand, is, why would a father choose to sign over his parental rights, yet still be obligated...

Can I sign over rights and not pay child support? [ 2 Answers ]

I found out a year after my son was born that he was mine. So I had to start paying child support and back child support. Then she was calling wanting me to be in his life so I said yes. She called the law and said I was going to cut her and the baby's neck so they put an order of protection were I...

Father wants to sign over rights, Not wanting to pay child support out of paycheck [ 4 Answers ]

The father of my son wants to sign over all parental rights, and apay child support on his own and not through the paycheck. Is that possible? Is it also possible if I go to welfare and try to get assistance that they won't go after his paycheck? I need the help, but I don't want his...

Father Wants to sign away his rights so he doesn't have to pay child support [ 3 Answers ]

Is this legal? Can he do this? Will the courts allow it since the child support was court ordered? His wife and him are trying to bully me into hiring a lawyer and having the paper work drawn up for this. They both were convicted of child abuse against my son and she has a no contact order...

I can a man do sign over his right to child support? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my question is that if a man signs over is prenatal sign do he still have to pay or can the jugde still make him pay child support? The reason why I am asking this question is because I have a son for this guy and now again am pregnant with his second child now he is talking about signing...

View more questions Search