Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dxcoopman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Furnace blower motor
    I do not have a technical question. However, my furnace blower motor went out and so I called an A/C repair company to come out and take a look at it. And that is how I knew it was the motor but he quoted me $625 to fix and install this motor. So my question is this. Is this a fair price for this type of problem? It just seems a little high to me. Can someone help? Just want to get a piece of mind is all about this.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Don't know where you are located but here in northeast TN, I would have charged $185-$225
    archie12345 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Sound a little steep to me! It is not very high degree of difficult to replace!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

On my furnace when the blower motor come on it make a grinding noise the blows the fuse on the furnace is the motor bad the fan spins freely it is a direct drive motor

Furnace blower motor [ 3 Answers ]

What size blower motor do I nedd for carrier furnace 3592x19059?

Furnace Blower motor [ 10 Answers ]

Should the furnace blower motor fan be set to auto or on? Which is best for the home? For the motor?

Furnace Blower Motor [ 8 Answers ]

I am replacing my blower motor. My question is when replacing it do I have to get exactly what the label has on it because I'm having trouble finding the exact numbers online? I am looking for 4HP, 115V, 60HZ, 6.3A, 1050/850RPM. It was made by Franklin Electric unfortunately it looks like they...

Furnace blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

A friend asked help about his furnace blower emitting a screeching sound during operation and then just stopped. I went over and tried to rotate the blower by hand - resistance to free rotation was present. Removed the blower assembly and dismantled motor. No lubrication on both motor bushings....

View more questions Search