Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WFG Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 14, 2008, 09:25 AM
    2000-2500 calories, is it really necessary?
    For me, it's kind of high, sometimes double the amount of the total calories of the food I eat. Is 2000+ calories a one size fits all or most recommendation, or is it taken too literally?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2008, 09:42 AM
    It's a one size fits all.

How many calories you need depends on a lot of factors including (but not limited to):
    Your age, your gender, how much exercise you do, if you want to gain/lose/maintain your weight, your basal metabolic rate (influenced by the above), what the climate is like where you live, your health, your height, how much muscle you have and if you are pregnant (females only I hope)

If you are a healthy weight, feel fine and are getting enough nutrition from what you eat, then there is no problem.

Just listen to your body.

EDIT there are sites that can help you work it out but I can't find a good one at the moment

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many calories do I need? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 27 year-old female, 5' 7" and weigh 134 pounds. I have worked out off and on for a while, but recently I started exercising for 1 hour every day. My routine is as follows: I run a 10 minute mile for 30 minutes on the treadmill OR do the stair machine (actual stairs, not stairmaster)...

How many calories? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 15 year old girl, and I am 5'6". I currently weigh 113.5 pounds. How many calories should I take in each day (with light exercise) to maintain this weight?

Router 2500 [ 2 Answers ]

Tell me about voyager 2500.how does it work, how many computer can we connect to it and how:( :(

Calories [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a website where you can give them your intake of daily foods and work out your calories.

View more questions Search