Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adelina66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 11:04 PM
    What is going to happen if I don't go to court hearing?
    I have a Civil Harassment Restraining Order and I have to go for court hearing and I would like to know what can happen if I do not go to court.I don't want to see the other person close to me. Is it going to be on my record and what will be the worst if I don't go?
    Thank you everybody!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 14, 2008, 08:12 AM
    If you brought the suit against the other person it could be dismissed by the Judge.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 14, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Depends on what your role in the order is. If the order is against you, you might be held in contempt of court unless you are represented. If you are the requesting the order, it would probably be dismissed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to request an emergency court hearing [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am in my redemption period on my home I have till April 23 to redeem. I can't redeem cause I have a 2nd mortgage against me for 30,000 that I am working on trying to get removed. I had an attorney since April 2006 he voleteerd to help me. I guess you get what you pay for cause I am no...

I need to ask the court for an Emergency Hearing [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Clark county, Las Vegas, NV I need to ask the court for an emergency hearing. On their web page the only "forms" I can find are: Ex Parte Motion for an Order Shortening Time I have the Motion to Modify Child Custody, Vidsitaiton and Support completed and it is my understanding...

What will happen to me in court? [ 26 Answers ]

Okay so me and my friend were at the mall and went into a store and stole something that cost like 6 to 10 dollars. And I got caught because my friend didn't steal from that store that I did. And it was my first time. And I'm only 13. And then so we had to call my mom to pick me up and my friend...

Never going to happen [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I am 20 going on 21 and I have been sexualy active for 3 years. I have never been able to reach an orgasm with a man and it is getting really really frusterating. I can get there by myself and sex feels really good but it never progresses into an orgasm. I stay calm and try to relax but nothing...

View more questions Search