Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    d1allen Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

May 13, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Troy Bilt wii not start?
    I have a 2002 Troy Bilt Pony and it will not start! I turn the key and nothing. I turned on the key and jumped the starter and it still will not start. I checked the fuse and it was good??
    lawnman14 Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

May 13, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Check the battery. Instead of putting the jumpper cables on the starter which is actually very bad for it hook them up to the battery but leave the cables conneted to battery terminals
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Will the engine turn over?
    d1allen Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

May 14, 2008, 12:07 PM
    The engine turned over when I jumped the solenoid switch but would not start. I took the advise of another answer on this site and took a multi-meter and traced the fire from the battery forward. The fuse was not getting any current so I tried the solenoid switch and it was hot. I found a short in the wiring between the deck and chassis where a wire had rubbed against the deck belt, resulting in the short. I spliced the together and the mower runs great. By the way I found people complaining about Troy Bilt mowers: this mower has been great, I mow five acres of grass and it has stood up great.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2008, 04:43 PM
    Hmm, evidently you have not read the site's rules. This is not how you respond to a question by giving a disagree, a.k.a. "reddie".

GOOD LUCK!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy Bilt Model 569 Self-Starter won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Troy Bilt Model 569 self-propelled, self-starting walk-behind mower that is about 4 yrs old (out of warranty). It will no longer start under the "Self-Start" feature -- which uses a wound spring energizer to start. I know that the self-starter is getting "energized" (as they call it),...

Troy bilt 21" self propelled won't start! [ 2 Answers ]

I started my troy bilt 21" self propelled lawn mower and pushed it about 50'. After that I stopped and lowered the wheeles so I could cut the grass lower. When I went to start it up again it started but died immeditly. I tired to start it again but it would not start. I let it sit for about and...

Troy bilt 6.5hp [ 1 Answers ]

Motor died out black smoke puffs out... it was working find then the next minute it started to slow down. I try to clean out the filter in the side but that did not help... then I try to clean out the spark plug but that did not help. It has plenty of gas and oil what should I do?:confused:

Troy Bilt Mower [ 8 Answers ]

Went into the garage to start the mower and nothing. Won't turn over or anything. Does that mean that battery is dead? It's about 11 months old. Troy Bilt Bronco 42" Twin-Blade Side Discharge Deck C.V.T. continuously variable transmission for simple speed shifting Cast iron front axle...

View more questions Search