Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauraprice1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 07:26 AM
    I want a divorce
    I'm 20 years old and my husband is also 20 we have been married for almost 2 years and we have a 10 month old little girl. I want to get a divorce and he doesn't I'm scared to tell him and I don't know what I would do about money I have no job as of now and no high school diploma. I want my daughter to have the best life posible with me... I can't hrdly stand to be in the same house with him not to mention he has hit me a few times and that scares me what if he does it again and gets used to it I don't want my daughter to see it and grow up thinking it is OK to let a man put his hands on her... PLEASE HELP ME
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 08:42 AM
    If this is an abusive relationship then by all means GET OUT. There are shelters where you and your daughter can go for help. Since you have been married for two years I will assume that you were not pregnant when you married. Why did you marry him in the first place? You do realize that no one is perfect and that you will not be able to go back to your old single life ever again don't you? Have you considered counselling?
    confused1145 Posts: 176, Reputation: 17

May 25, 2008, 05:57 PM
    You need to get out now! Go to the court house and file for a family protection order. This is completely free. This order will grant you temporary relief from him for up to 120 days. It will also give you rights to the home and child if you request it in the order. He will not be allowed to have any contact with you at all. You need to also consider going back to school to get your GED to help ensure that you can get a good job down the road. If you go to your local department of health and human resources they will help you with child care and maybe even a car when you are ready for a job. There's a lot of help out there. You or your child does not deserve to deal with someone like that in your lives. Get away, please! If not for yourself, do it for your child.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 25, 2008, 06:23 PM
    I would start with an abused wife hotline. They can help you deal with your situation. You do need to get out if he is abusing you.

This is not meant as a lecture for you, but we get a lot of young girls asking if they should get married while still a teenager. I hope your example will inspire others to wait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I get a divorce? [ 10 Answers ]

I have been married for 12 years with two kids. Our marriage was great for the first two years. My problem with my husband is that he never stands up for me. He has always put his family (bother, sister, mother, his relatives) first and I am second. Every time I tried to talk to him about his...

I want a divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am new this site; I have been married 2 years today is my anniversary; my spouse is military; He use to be a loving and neutering person while dating; anyhow He has become extremely cold and distant long before He deployed 7 months into our relationship; more and more different on every...

How to get divorce [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get divorced from my hubby when I really don't have any money?:confused: oh and I have one daughter but I don't know if she is his

Divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have left my husband 7 months ago . He lives in Bahrain and I`m in Louisiana with the kids. When can I start seeing other people with out get in trouble?:confused:

Want a divorce [ 4 Answers ]

Ive been with my wife for about seven years off and on. Well the last time we were apart she had a baby by another guy she dated years ago. We are a young couple seen we got back she says she don't want to have sex with me because she feels nothing ( not the size for sure) but I don't understand...

View more questions Search