Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcbckc1122 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Young love
    Ok well for starters I am 17 I will be 18 in April, my boyfriend is 17 and will be 18 in November. I met my boyfriend at 13 and we hit is off great got together was off and on for 1 year then got together and stayed boyfriend for 2 years straight and I ended up pregnant at 15 and had a baby at 15. Well we ended up splitting up about a month after I found out I was pregnant. But when the baby was born he came to the hospital and cut the cord and such. He ended up asking me back out at the end of the night. Well we got together and have been together since, I feel more happy now then I ever have before. Everything is great with our relationship, we hardly ever fight we just have and absolute blast together, while raising our son. Well it has been almost two years since we got back together. Now we are engaged and are planning on getting married next year. Does anyone have any advice as to what to be prepared for? Or really what to expect.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2008, 05:32 PM
    I don't think anyone could tell you that. I think it would depend a lot on your circumstances and your financial situation as to what married life would be like for you both. But I will say this, try to be a good friend to each other. If you come across any problems, try working them out together. Successful marriages are built on friendship and trust, and a lot of give and take.
    aneangel22 Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

May 11, 2008, 07:55 PM
    I'm not trying to be rude, but I think you guys should wait. I know quite a few people that were in the same position that got married asap. No they are ALL divorced. They were fine until 21 hit and life changes. Even if you don't drink, which I don't, a whole new world opens up. I got married at 21, 3 days after my birthday, and have often found myself wishing that I'd waited. Not that I don't love my husband, I do very very much, but I feel like I missed out on a lot that I can never get back.

Have fun raising your son, it sounds like you guys are a great match. Just don't jump into it because you think it's what should happen.

Luck to you both!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Are you living together now ? Do you live on your own ?

May 11, 2008, 08:42 PM
    No we are not living together but we are together everyday we're still in school I do online and he goes to a public school. So when he isn't working or in school we are together. He has a good job lined up when he turns 18 where his mom works making $15-20 an hour and I plan to go to collage and get a degree in Health care

May 11, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Also I don't believe in divorce I believe that once you say I do then that's it. I mean I won't even look at another guy and be like dang he's hot or have any kind of attraction feeling towards any other guy. I have my eyes set on him and that's it I believe that divorce is a absolute last resort.
    SillyGirl10 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

May 14, 2008, 11:59 AM
    First strap on your seatbelt because it might be a bumpy ride. You already have a child together and so far everything is great. Same here I was 12 when I met my husband got pregnant at 15 had my first child at 16. Should I had waited YES but things happen and we can't go back to change it. My husband, boyfriend at the time wasn't the greatest boyfriend in the world but I loved him so I stayed by he's side. We've had our up's and down's but that's life and it's up to us to learn from our mistakes. I'm 26 years old, I have a girl and a boy got married in 2006. I still have many years to go and many things to learn from and I hope that everything goes well. I can keep telling you my story but is to long, all I got to say do what your heart tells you to do. Just hope for the best and marriage is sacred remember that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Young Love [ 9 Answers ]

I'm about to be 18 in 2 more months, and my boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year and a half, but we've known each other for 5 years now. We've been through absolutely everything together. We even lost a child together. We've had our ups and downs but we love each other very much....

Young Love [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 18 and a senior in high school. I've been talking with this guy for awhile and we have both fallen really fast for each other. I think we are both kind of scared. We both have been hurt so many times in the past. I think he might just be that one guy for me. I don't know what it is, but it's...

Young and in love [ 13 Answers ]

Okay, for starters, I just want to say that I'm sick and tired of people looking down on people who marry young. I turned 20 in March, and I would have gotten married 4 years ago if I had met my fiancé then. From the beginning, no one believed us when we said we were going to get married, not even...

Young love [ 6 Answers ]

Hi... I'm new here. My story is long and filled with a bunch of High School drama but as of now I'm ontop of the world with the girl of my dreams. Me and my best friend started hanging out with this girl that was an ex of our other friend and we both started to like her after being...

To young to love [ 8 Answers ]

Are you ever to young to fall in love?

View more questions Search