Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasonms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Bank levy, judgement.
    In MN do you do you have to get served for a levy? What comes first the levy or a judgement?
    dsimms101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 07:17 PM

I would think a judgement would have to be served first, then they would attempt to collect on that judgement by other means.. levy accounts, and such... I live in MN, I maybe going through this soon also...
    antherry Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 12:50 AM

Judgment first, then the levy. They will give you a questionnaire or something and it will will make you fill out bank information... the bank will notify you that they will be deducting money for a levy...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank levy & wage garnishment from a judgement [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: So it seems that a credit card debt from 1999 in the amount of $1800 caught up with me , now in the amount of $6000!! How can this happen? Once the bank account has been levied & the wage garnishment starts, do they release my money in the bank account though the creditor? Do I get...

Bank Levy [ 3 Answers ]

Someone please help me, I am so upset right now. I just found out that there is a levy on my bank account by Ford Motor Credit for a car that I ended the lease early for. Long story short, my Explorer was in at the dealership to have my rear brakes fixed and instead they fixed my front brakes. ...

Judgement and Levy imposed - California [ 1 Answers ]

Last year I settled a case out of court in mediation against an x-employer that was suing me. We settled for various reasons, one of which my attorney was in the middle of losing his license and I would have had to start the process all over with a new attorney had I chosen to go to trial. ...

Judgement and Levy on Bank Account [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I currently have a levy on my bank account and I currently received a letter from my old address about this. The total outstanding amount is $2,600. This is an old credit card debt (Associates MasterCard) from 1997 that I defaulted on. I am not going to make excuses--I have not made any...

View more questions Search