Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniel2020 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Suspension from university
    I have been suspended from the university twice for having a low grade point average. I will graduate in about a year or so. How will that effect me in getting into graduate school.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

May 13, 2008, 05:25 AM
    Your options will be limited; entry into any graduate program is highly competitive. If you want to pursue a graduate degree and your record is poor, you may be able to "prove" yourself by taking classes at the grad level then applying at that university/college once you've become a known quantity to them. This is usually called a "conditional graduate student". Grad students who fail reflect poorly on a department's selection process, so they're very selective about who they let in.

Work doesn't get easier at the graduate level; if I were you, I'd ask myself whether grad school is really my best option. You might want to consider a vocational training program; these will be more hands-on and less academic in nature. Here's a list of vo-tech programs that might be a good starting point for you.
    Lavina Posts: 31, Reputation: 9

May 13, 2008, 07:07 AM
    Graduate schools are competitive, I agree with Vingogly. But it does depend on your willingness. And it will be a lot of work, and the classes demand twice the work than normal classes. But like Vingogly said, you can take upper level classes (graduate level) and apply. What's your major?

It's probably best to just look for a job after you graduate and then take some classes on the side that work towards getting into graduate school (don't forget about the GRE). I believe it depends on your motivation and determination to actually commit to school. Did you improve your GPA?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kennedy-Western University NOW Warren National University [ 54 Answers ]

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they...

Is this possible? No probabtion, only 1 year suspension [ 5 Answers ]

I just wonder if my friend is lying again. He was arrested in Texas with 2 DUI's, 2 Driving under suspension, possession of a firearm. He spent 2 weeks in jail and he only has his driver's license suspended for a year. No probation, no fines. That's it, just suspension of drivers license. Is that...

Suspension [ 8 Answers ]

I got a suspension in middle school.can this effect my future in college??

Licence suspension [ 3 Answers ]

If you are asked to hand in your licence for 5 months and it affects your ability to work or commut can you fight it? As I haved to quite my job and move into town.

View more questions Search