Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Is This A Joke?
    Please tell me this is a joke.

» Full Service Medical Adoption Agency | Medical Adoptions - Full Service International Adoption Agency
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2008, 08:43 AM
    So I didn't read the entire thing but are they saying Hey adopt this child that is a perfect match for you then later on you can harvest some organs from it?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 08:46 AM
    Snopes says this is a prank site

snopes.com: Medical Adoptions Hoax
    ColeSpring Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 08:48 AM
    This is actually a joke. This was discussed on another website. You can take a sigh of relief.
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Also, notice some of the financing links within the site direct you to other sites... not internal ones...

So they're likely using this site to get clicks to other sites... its making money off clicks, not kids.

And when you read the child profile pages... its pretty clear this is a site that's taking jabs in a very subtle way at those who would actually consider this... it's a sarcasm that is pretty over the edge...
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Anyone remember reading Johnathan Swifts "A Modest Proposal"?

A Modest Proposal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 9, 2008, 09:15 AM
    Okay, I didn't go to the original link... but seriously...

If you can choose to adopt a child from a specific country, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, etc... why SHOULDN"T you be able to choose to adopt a child who is the same blood type or whatever?

/shrug...I'm extremely biased about adoptions, and think that adoptive parents shouldn't be so darned picky to begin with--I mean, you dont' get to be picky with a child you give birth to!--so if they can be picky about something as dumb as religion, why NOT choose a child that not only you could get emergency medical help from, but one that YOU could help, in an emergency? I mean, it's got to be rough to be in the hospital unable to do anythign when your child is sick--how much worse must it be to be medically incompatible?

And yes, KP--it's very much like "A Modest Proposal".

Don't mind me.. I'm always bitter the week before Mother's Day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This is not a joke! What should I do? [ 6 Answers ]

Please... My mom and dad are divorced. My mom and I go to Ohio every summer. She told me that she is thinking of moving up there some time soon. I really want to go but I live with my father and all my friends are where I live. I don't want to leave them. But I also want to move to Ohio. What...

Reincarnation joke [ 4 Answers ]

Reincarnation Bryan came home from the pub late one Friday evening stinking drunk, as he often did, and crept into bed beside his wife who was already asleep. He gave a peck on the cheek and fell asleep. When he awoke he found a strange man standing at the end of his bed wearing a long flowing...

Check this joke out! [ 3 Answers ]

Q: What does a agnostic, dyslexic, insomniac do at night? A: It lies awake wondering if there is a Dog. Lol brilliant when someone told me this joke everyone laughed for the next 5 minutes!!

Tell me what you think of this joke. [ 3 Answers ]

"Winning an argument is like winning the special olympics, you're still a retard." My brother told me this after I beat him in a name calling contest.

View more questions Search