Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mohan_adi Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2006, 12:05 PM
    State Return - Amendment - Required ?
    If federal return is amended , please let me know whether State return also need to be amended even though there is no change in refund (already received) except change in filling status ?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 22, 2006, 03:27 PM
    If no additional tax is due or no additional refund is possible, amending the state return is a waste of time.

The IRS periodically shares information with the state tax authorities. When that data dump arrives, it will update your filing status.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Return NY State J1 to H1B. Resident or not? [ 1 Answers ]

In 2005 I worked for the same company. As an intern (J1) from January 1st 2005 to June the 15th As an Employee (H1B) from November 6th to December 31st 2005 I was back in France between September 9th to November 6th to get my H1B Visa. Should I file my tax as a resident or an Non...

State Tax Return [ 2 Answers ]

I am a F1 student in the state of California. I worked for 10 weeks in New york. Do I have to file a state tax return both for New York and California?

New York State Return [ 1 Answers ]

I have already filed my New York Tax Return about 3 weeks back. (nothing shows up on the status as yet). Filed IT-203 but I sent my W2 and did not send IT-2 What should I do?? Any suggestions??

Va state return [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering why on my W-2 form the VA I.D. tax number of my company have more digits than my other W-2 form? Do I have to skip the letter in the I.d tax number and put in the software only the digits? I want to e-file but I can not do than because I have to skip the LETTER in the id.tax number...

How to do State return? [ 5 Answers ]

I filed form 1040NR and itemized deductions only for State and local taxes on Schedule A. How to file my State return? Can I use standart deduction there or I must itemize also? If I have to itemized,what actually to itemized as a deduction? Because I need to exclude state and local taxes on...

View more questions Search