Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    siLentfire Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 07:34 AM
    Cell phone Tracing programs.
    Hi there,
    I just resently signed up at this site. I saw there's a lot of people with the same kind of day to day scams going on. Not only that, but others reply in help.

My question is how and where can I find a site where I'm able to download a program to trace a call that's made not only to my cell phone but my house phone as well. I have already went through the police strategy in calling the phone company and tracing but it seems this prank caller bought a phone using the pay for minutes or something. Its amazing the new technology that's coming out to allow others to use it in harm. So yeah, I'm trying to find a way to track this person myself using whatever I can. Thanks... :cool:
    siLentfire Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Oh I Forgot To Mention.. They Call Wih A Block Number... thanks Again...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 10:29 AM
    There is no way, if they were using a phone you owned and you bought a tracking program for your phone, then you can tract and see where your phone is.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Believe me, if something like this existed, I would already own one, or ten!

There is nothing that will accomplish what you wish to do.

Sorry.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 8, 2008, 10:41 AM
    What you are talking about is basically illegal and does not exist. Only the phone company can trace the original of a call.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 01:13 PM
    I had a prank caller call me doing the same thing with a blocked number. After a lot of research and speaking to everybody short of God, I found out that they essentially did it through a computer. I even had a phone company guy at my house when they called and he was the one who told me about the computer thing when they tried to trace it back. It drove me bananas for a long time. I finally just got a different phone number and a dial up internet connection. Now the bastard can't call me any more and hang up at all hours. Caller ID's and number block didn't work with that guy.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

May 8, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Note that you can't even rely on the information caller ID gives you, since it can be spoofed.
    mikezapwnzor Posts: 99, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 09:39 PM
    You can call with computer programs, such as Skype(.com), who show up at 001-234-5678. You can also use servies like Spoofcard.com, which legally allow you to spoof your caller ID. Caller ID is very unreliable nowadays.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the best cell phone [ 2 Answers ]

I have a cell phone but I don't use it that much to justify the phone bill. I am looking to buy a pay as you go phone. Is their anyone out there who can give me some advice on purchasing one?

Cell Phone [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any websites that have totally free music down loads for sprint cell phones :confused:

Cell phone [ 4 Answers ]

How can I obtain a phone bill that belongs to my husband

I need help about a certain cell phone [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am in need of help. Im thinking of buying a cellphone but I'm not sure if it will be compatible. Ive done searches and found nothing. I have no knowledge about cellphones and basically I just know how they work. Now the cell phone model is called the p900iv you might recall this phone from...

View more questions Search