Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cailz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 07:53 AM
    How do I tell him?
    I don't want to be with my partner anymore, since our son was born we have really grew apart and the slightest thing he does grates on me, he doesn't even help with the baby it's all left to me. But how do I tell him? :confused:

I have tried talking to him about how I am feeling but he either doesn't listen or just changes the subject. We live with his parents and I want my own place now, not being disrespectful to them. I just think it is time we moved on and gave his parents there own space but he disagrees.
    MysteriousGrl Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

May 7, 2008, 07:57 AM
    If you are not growing and enjoying your son with this man then I think you definitely need to get out! Being unhappy in a relationship is unhealthy! You need to simply tell him you want him in your son's life but your not happy. If you would like to change your relationship then I would advise couple therapy but if that does not work then I would leave. Your son will be fine. Trust me I know it's harder growing up in a home when your parents hate each other then growing up with divorced parents.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2008, 08:00 AM
    I don't believe it's a good idea to just up and leave him especially now that you two have a child together. More than ever does your child need stability.

I suggest talking to him about what's bothering you. And if you want to go further try counselling. You need to tell him that he also made this child so he needs to put in just as much work as you have to raise your child.
    huntertrin Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Tell him you don't feel as if he is helping you with your son and he needs to put more effort in caring for him and for you if he wants to be with you. If he doesn't get better or just ignores you, just flat out tell him you can't be with him because you feel he doesn't care about you anymore. Just a suggestion.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Well hold old is the child, there are all levels of emotional issues in the months after a child is born.

But it may be that you two as a couple can make it work if you move out from his parents, so tell him that you are leaving to leave in your own place, he should come and start his own life, if he does not, then he was not worth wasting your time on.
    cailz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 01:24 AM
    My son is 10 months old ay 2.28 this afternoon.

I have to sort my own place out before I can move out of his parents house, and I will tell him that I prefer NOT living at his parents now.
    sd1025 Posts: 98, Reputation: 11

May 9, 2008, 12:28 AM
    If your going to split with him first make sure you get the legal custody you want right away, don't wait and see what happens make him sighn something.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2008, 05:04 AM
    Sometimes having a child make you want different things out your life. If you tried talking to him already how much more can you do, I understand you want your own place but can you afford it and does his parents or him help out the baby, because these all the questions you should be asking yourself.

In the other hand if you have help and can afford a place to live then go for it for your own piece of mind and your baby father needs to grow up and start thinking of his own family, you him and the baby. I have a question besides you wanting to move how is your relationship?
    wezziebabii28 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 06:07 PM
    That mother er isn't helping with his son honey you got to let him go no bull I would just tell him like look you isn't doing for me or yo son so get the on yea diigggg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search