Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcknoep Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 07:53 AM
    Break even analysis
    If breakeven analysis is sales minus fixed and variable expenses from the P&L, why does the templet I downloaded include principal portion of debt? This is a balance sheet item - it never hits P&L? Am I missing something?
    tomterm8 Posts: 76, Reputation: 8

May 5, 2008, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mcknoep
    If breakeven analysis is sales minus fixed and variable expenses from the P&L, why does the templet I downloaded include principal portion of debt? This is a balance sheet item - it never hits P&L? Am I missing something?
    You are mixing up several concepts. A break even analysis shows the point at which a product will break even by value, so it is a chart that looks like introduction to break-even analysis

debt itself is not included in a break even analysis, however, the cost of servicing and repaying debt would be, generally as a fixed cost. Remember, we need to borrow £X in order to buy the equipment we need to make the product.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Break-even analysis [ 1 Answers ]

MY QUESTION IS AT THE VERY BOTTOM... Royal Essentials, Inc. began operations on January 1, 2008. The company produces a hand and body lotion in an eight-ounce bottle, called Eternal Beauty. The lotion is sold wholesale in 12-bottle cases for $80 per case. There is a selling commission of $16...

Break even analysis [ 2 Answers ]

Fre has decided to expand his garden supply manufacturing business. He has an available factory site that is presently costing him $40,000 per year in taxes and maintenance. He has made a deal with stellar supply company to provide him with the necessary material to produce 1000 garden hoses....

View more questions Search