Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ntomomi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 05:57 PM
    How to find total income tax expense
    This is Tomomi. Could you please help me to understand tax accounting. How to find estimated depreciation expense amount from tax returns form. Thank you.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 4, 2008, 11:59 PM
    An estimated depreciation expense from the tax form? An estimated depreciation wouldn't be on the tax form. But an actual depreciation should be there. You've got very little information here to go on, and I don't even understand what this "estimated" thing is supposed to be about.

Depreciation should be listed under the deductions section of whatever tax form you're doing, and on the 4562.

If by "estimating" you're meaning to work backwards and figure out what it was on the books of the company from the info on the tax form, if it's an 1120, the difference would be on the schedule M-1, where difference between tax and book is shown. But other than that, I can't think why you'd be "estimating" depreciation off a tax form.

You need to be more specific about what exactly you're doing. Or do you mean figuring out depreciation FOR the tax form, and not "from" it. Either way, you need to clearly state what you're doing.
    prettygurl33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 03:05 PM
    Generally, revenue from sales should be recognized at a point when...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Expense Credit or Income? [ 1 Answers ]

We are a not for profit dog club/rescue. We receive most of our income in donations. We received an amount of money from another rescue to pay vet bills.for dogs rescued from a puppy mill. Do I show this money as donation income or credit vet expenses in my expense accounts?

Income Tax expense [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble understanding the material here. How can I calculate income tax expense for the year ending 2005. Here is the income statement I am working on: KROGER CO 10-K/A 2005-01-29: ITEM 8. FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND SUPPLEMENTARY DATA Any Suggestions would help. Thanks

Total Income Tax for a resident alien living in CT [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a job offer from a US based company to work from Wilton, CT. My annual emoluments would sum up to US $96000. I have no clue about the income tax regulations prevaliing in US. I am expected to report in my office in a week's time. Can somebody enlighten me in this regard. I...

Income Tax Expense [ 1 Answers ]

A Company reported $350,000 in income before income tax for financial reporting (book) purposes in Year 3, its first year of operation. The tax depreciatin exceeded its book depreciation by $30,000. The tax rate for Year 3 and all future years is 40%. Income tax expense reported on the company...

View more questions Search