Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexismo Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Nutcracker Mystery
    I have a very odd nutcracker. It's solid hand carved wood. It's in the likeness of a man dressed in a red jacket and white pants, with black boots. Inside of its mouth it has 6 teeth, 3 on top and bottom. The figure also has a red flat hat on the right side of it's head. The hat has a strange inscriptioin on it.
    While doing some investigation into the nutcracker, I found out that Nutcarackers were made in the likeness of certain people to kind of degrade them. I was also told by a collector that he thought it might be in the likeness of Hitler.
    So now I am completely confused.
    If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 3, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Does yours look anything like those that you might find on the pages of the following image search? Antique Wooden Nutcracker - Google Image Search

There is also quite a bit of information about the history of nutcrackers on the following links.

History of Nutcrackers

The History of Nutcrackers

Art and Culture, History of the Nutcrackers - Amazines.com Article Search Engine
    alexismo Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Nope, it's totally different. It doesn't have any hair on it, it's about a foot tall, and the teeth in it's mouth are little black nubs. I'll try to upload some photos.
    Thanks though.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 4, 2008, 03:09 AM
    We will look forward to some images being posted! Are there any marks like letters or numbers on it that might help in the identification? If you could provide also a close-up of the inscription on it, that would help.

We don't guarantee results here. But, we can try...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mystery symptoms? [ 2 Answers ]

I already posted this under alternative medicines, but thought I'd post it here as well, Any help with possible causes or alternative treatments for this? I've been having muscle aches (mostly in arms) for the last 3 days, some elbow and knee joint pain, and back pain as well. Also in last 3...

Sci fi mystery? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I remember watching this weird sci-fi horror movie years ago, probably about 15-16 years ago. Where these people uncover these objects of a sunken ship in the middle of the sea. They find sum wine or vodka I think and after drinking it they all start to become infected and slowly 1 by 1 turn...

GFI mystery [ 21 Answers ]

Single power source being run into bathroom. I wired a standard receptacle in a double gang box. From this I took power for a light fixture (with a separate switch) and a ceiling fan (with a separate switch). Worked fine without a hitch but I had one white and one black on each side of...

Electrical Mystery [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved into a new place that is about 4 years old - today I went into the water closet area in the ensuite and flicked on the fan and it suddenly went out. The light and the outlet are not working as well. The rest of the bathroom lights work as well as the bedroom lights and outlets. ...

Religious Mystery [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a movie with the following actors: Robert Di Niro, Robert Divall, Charles Durney. It was a Catholic theme movie that had mystery and complications. I think the movie was made around 1980. I can't seem to remember the title though.? Please reply asap if you have any info that...

View more questions Search