Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ARFarooqui Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 09:59 AM
    I never asked for any installation
    I am constantly receiving a message, "The features you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk.... As soon as I press the 'Cancel' command, the following message appears, "An installation package for the product Status cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'status.msi'.

I reboot, closed my computer for 30 minutes but no use, the message is constantly coming.

Farooqui
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Just so I understand, this message comes up after you start the computer, without trying to do anything?

If that is the case, do you still have the opp system cd? If you do, I would put it in and see if your computer can find what it is missing.

If you are actually trying to do something, what application or program are you trying to use when you get this message?
    ARFarooqui Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 09:50 AM
    No, I do not have opp system CD. Whenever I starts the computer, the message starts appearing till I use "End Task" through Window Task Manager
    ARFarrooqui
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

May 4, 2008, 03:57 PM
    An application you have installed either A) can no longer find its installation files due to partial/failed removal or corruption, B) was installed with certain features set to install on first use, and is now is seeking its installation files because the feature is being used, C) was corrupted by a Windows repair operation, or D) was installed on a counterfeit Windows copy.

Try the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.
    busyboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 06:31 AM
    I came across the same error with one of my client's computer and the message is related to the program hqtra08.exe. It looks to me the message is related to the HP inkject printer my client is using (a standalone installation). In that particular instance, the printer is out of ink. I disabled all the programs related to HP in the MSCONFIG and it resolved the problem (in my case).

To get to the MSCONFIG, follow these steps:
    - Start, Run, MSCONFIG, go to the last tab called "startup" and uncheck all programs related to HP.
    - You need administrator rights on your machine to do that and you will need to reboot your PC after that.

Although I have not tried, you probably may also be able to fix the problem by inserting the HP CD ROMS that comes with the printer. The installation program is looking for the 'status.msi' file. Hope it helps. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was asked [ 1 Answers ]

I was asked this question for class I will give you what I got but not sure this is what the answer is. The Question: When you buy new software packs, why does it state the minimum RAM and hard drive space your computer must have for you to run this program. My Answer: Because you need...

Why did no one asked me out before? [ 13 Answers ]

Dear Everyone, I'm 20 years old, I'll be 21 in March. I have a problem. I never went on a single date before. Why? I'm just asking because maybe you can help me, is there something wrong with me? I would go with anyone, I have love for all. I can't reject anyone because that would hurt me inside...

SS Disabilities ? That are asked [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My wife will be going up for her hearing next month and I called I lawyer to ask if there were going to be a meeting between the three of us to go over the ? That would be asked and how to respond. He said that he dosen't want a lot of thoughts in a persons head thinking about the case and...

Asked to go out by the x? [ 7 Answers ]

Were in our early twenty's and we lived together for two years and I thought the grass was going to be greener on the otherside... it wasn't. We have been apart for six months and have been dating other people. I did the whole N.C. rule for about three months got over the grieving but of coarse...

Hi all probably asked before but [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old whirlpool washer that just stopped agitating?? Evry thing els works fine.

View more questions Search