Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rogue12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 09:48 PM
    Trying to determine if my ex girlfriend is still interested.
    Hey, all right so here is the situation.
    I met this girl and we went out for a few months. It was amazing. Im in high school and it felt different then other relationships. Like it had more meaning and was more of "relationship" then physical stuff. I am only 17 so maybe that is a naïve statement but its how I felt. I do realize I have time to grow up more and realize but yeah. Im not sitting her and saying it was love, just more then a simple liking.

Anyway, for two weeks she was really weird until I asked what was up and she told me she didn't know if she liked me anymore. I told her that I still liked her and she needed to figure it out. I then didn't talk to her for a couple of days. Eventually I called her to talk. She asked if we could be friends. I told her no at the time, I wouldn't be able to handle it. Then a week later after her kind of treating me like the plague at school *she would run off* I eventully found her and told her I would like to remain to have some sort of contact. She still treated me like the plague for a few weeks. Well I moved on and met another girl. I was kind of stupid and went into it to fast. We were kind of together for a week when I decided it wasn't going to work. It just wasn't filling and something was holding me back. Anyway, I herd that my x was pissed that I was dating someone else. Then, the next week, she is flirting with me. She is pokeing me, girlishy making insults. Like when we first met.

I didn't really react to it at first. I more or so just ignored it. I thought she was being stupid. She dumped me, don't act like that to me. That went one for nearly a month. I react to it everyone in awhile. Poke her back, make some comment.

HERE is my real question situation. This week I was remembering things about her and I was wishing for some things again. I still have small feelings for her. She meant a lot to me. Then yesterday she asked me to help her with her physics project. A group project of hers. She is asking me to do some effects ona video, putting quite a bit of responsibility on my shoulders for her grade. When talking to one of her partners, her partner didn't want me to help but my x did.

Prom is two weeks away. My x is a junior and was kind of pitty asked to go last week. I am a sophomore and wasn't going to be able to go till a friend of mine asked me to go with her as friends. Anyway, I think I still like her and a lot of my fiorneds say it seems she still likes me and is realizing she made a mistake. Could I get back with her. Should I ask her to dance on prom. Just anyone's opinion. I have racked my brain on it. I believe I want to get her back.

*thanks for reading that long post.*
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 1, 2008, 10:59 PM
    Your feelings are stronger than hers, and at this point she doesn't want an official relationship, but doesn't want you moving on. That's not healthy, nor is your ignoring one key fact. She ignored you until your interests where directed at someone else, and now your focused on her again, because she isn't ignoring you any more. That feeds into what YOU wanted, but for the wrong reasons.
    Don't do her school work, or let her manipulate your attention.
    While I know full well about feelings toward her, don't let them blind you to what's she is really doing, keeping you close, and away from any other female. Even more important, don't put a lot of stock into what others have said, find out for yourself. If she just wants you as a friend, or b/f? Too much behind the scenes drama here for me.
    rogue12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 05:29 AM
    Haha drama. Yeah I would call it that.
    Idk, I mean it is possible for there to be 2nd chances right?
    O, and when you said, "doing her school work" its not like I'm doing all the work for it. It was a video that needs to be done for physics and she wanted me help on it. I just thought it weird because there is still that strange little feeling between us.
    Idk, I just think there could be mistakes that were made. All during the break up she was unsure of herself.
    I don't believe she is manipulating me with the project, I can't stress that factor. Anyone could have asked me to help and I would have said yes. I just love working on video projects.

As I said, I just wonder if maybe she thinks she made a mistake and we could work through it here these next few weeks or something.
    Sad Soul Posts: 177, Reputation: 40

May 2, 2008, 07:01 AM
    She probably doesn't even know what she's doing. She's doesn't have bad intentions, but what Tal was telling you is right. She feels less for you than you do for her. She also needs to make sure you're still an option, as she moves on. To feel safe with their decision, the person who breaks up with someone, needs to feel in control... needs to feel that "they" were the one who has moved on. If you happen to have a new girl, it throws this feeling of control off.

That said, she's not doing all that on purpose. It's subconscious. Be the mature one and recognize what's going on. Don't be mean to her, but don't be nice either. Just be indifferent and take all the brain energy you have focused on her, and target it at yourself. Give yourself all that attention (health wise, grades wise, and so forth) until you get your confidence back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Determine to Change [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 drug related felonies, my last conviction was in 2005. Is there any CDL schools/classes or companies willing to train me for a class B license?

How do you determine the value of a franchise? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has been working for a sign franchise for the past 4 years and now wants to purchase it from the owners. We have given them a letter of intent, but the owners are still getting all the numbers and paper work together. We are aware of several items on their inventory that are "repairable"...

Can't Determine If There Is a Common [ 4 Answers ]

Can't determine if there is a 24vac common on my old Bryant. How do you add one ?

Arbitration: How do they determine a 'value'? [ 2 Answers ]

How is a settlement determined in Arbitration? What method is used to place a value on the how much a 'suit' is worth?

Determine Gender [ 1 Answers ]

I am 15 weeks pregnant. How many weeks will I have to be before the gender of my baby can be detected by ultrasound?:)

View more questions Search