Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpmehelpu123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Painting apartments
    What is the going rate for painting apartments interior?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 1, 2008, 05:51 PM
    It really depends on what area you are in. Contact some apartment complexes in your area and ask.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Also how, in our complex they come in with spray equipment and just spray all the walls and ceiling all the same color. Who is furshing the equipment. What you have to figure, based on your experienced how long will it take you to do the job, and exp your hourly value to see what you have to charge
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 2, 2008, 12:48 AM
    Most professional painters charge by the square foot.

I agree that it would definitely depend on the location where you will be doing the painting and what manner you will be using to apply the paint as partial determinants as to what you might charge.

Around where I live and work, the going rate for interior painting is pretty much .70 cents a square foot on a perfectly flat surface, for two coats cut in with a brush and then the paint applied with a roller. However, that does not include the cost of the paint; the application of a primer or any repairs that might need to be made.

If you could give us a little more information about the location where the painting is to be done; the types of walls you will be painting, (i.e. perfectly flat or textured in some way.); what kind of preparation you will need to be doing in any way, it would help us in giving you the most beneficial answers to you.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beagles and Apartments [ 2 Answers ]

I am a college student and my roommates and I want to get a dog. We are considering a beagle. The concern I have is that we will only be able to go back to our apartment every 3 or 4 hours to take it out and play with it. Will this be enough time? I know that beagles hate being alone, I...

Tresspassingin Apartments [ 5 Answers ]

If a landlord administers a tresspassing notice to someone in a apartment complex is that person totally prohibited to visit family that live there. Or is they prohibited from being in the community part of the complex.

Basement apartments [ 2 Answers ]

Are Basement Apaerments Legal In New York City

Apartments [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been working on lowering our bills. Mine got paid off but he still has about 6,000 left. We absolutely HAVE to get an apartment in June and we are afraid we could only get 2,000 or 3,000 paid off by then. Our credit scores are in the low 600's. Does anyone know the...

Apartments and Cosigning Requirements [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine is trying to find an apartment. A rental has come up, but the landlord is requiring that he not only cosign, but have someone in the CITY cosign for him as well. He is - from out of state. - had a house foreclosed on him before. - does have pets (1 cat and 1 dog). Is it...

View more questions Search