Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capnet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 10:21 AM
    Probation violation
    In July of 2007 my son was convicted of felony trespass to a vehicle and given 2 years probation.

In Janury of 2008 he got into a fight and was charged with battery, this put him in violation of probation. He went to county jail for 30 days and because he was locked up missed the battery court date. He went before his probation case judge the judge was appalled that they didn't take him to court for the battery case and reinstated the bond on this case and gave him the next date as well as a date to return for the probation.

The next battery hearing no one else showed up except my son and they told him to get a lawyer and gave him another date.

The next probation hearing the judge gave him another court date (he is waiting to see what happens in the battery case I guess) and told him this date would be a bond hearing.

The next battery hearing is may 6th... any idea what will happen (I don't think the other person will show and my son has no lawyer)

The next probation hearing in May 9th, a bond hearing... what is the likely hood that they will let him continue on the I-bond.

Any info welcomed! This is in cook county IL... my son is only 18
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 1, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by capnet
    In July of 2007 my son was convicted of felony trespass to a vehicle and given 2 years probation.

In Janury of 2008 he got into a fight and was charged with battery, this put him in violation of probation. he went to county jail for 30 days and because he was locked up missed the battery court date. He went before his probation case judge the judge was appalled that they didn't take him to court for the battery case and reinstated the bond on this case and gave him the next date as well as a date to return for the probation.

The next battery hearing noone else showed up except my son and they told him to get a lawyer and gave him another date.

The next probation hearing the judge gave him another court date (he is waiting to see what happens in the battery case I guess) and told him this date would be a bond hearing.

The next battery hearing is may 6th....any idea what will happen (I don't think the other person will show and my son has no lawyer)

The next probation hearing in May 9th, a bond hearing....what is the likely hood that they will let him continue on the i-bond.

Any info welcomed! This is in cook county IL...my son is only 18

I think just about anything can happen - my concern would be that your son was told to get an Attorney and he has not. It's never a good idea to ignore the advice/suggestion/order of a Judge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of Probation [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend violated his probation.( he was on misdeamonor probation for DUI). He failed a drug test, didn't complete his courese on time, and didn't do his community service hours. His probation officer put a warrant out for his areest so he was picked by the sherriff's on Feb. 19th. Well, today...

Probation Violation [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was convicted in Oct. 2003 of Spousal Abuse. He did not make contact with me but was "crazy": later found out he was in diabetic spiral. Nevertheless, he was convicted and placed on three years probation in California Court. August of 2006, he was charged with Cultivation of...

Probation Violation [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find out if the state of TN has a statue of limintations on probation violators? I have heard that TN has stop the statue of limintations on probation violators.

Probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year probation period for prescription fraud. As of November 2006 I have failed to meet with my officer. I want to get a job and go back to school and I know I must face this violation. I have been arrested for simple possession in another county during this time and served 10 days in...

Probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Bryant Ficklin well I was put on probation for the first time in March for a mis for batter I was sent to 1 year in jail all susspend well in December I was pulled over and charged with a owi which is a Amis and a Cmis minor consumpution and another C Open container in the car well I...

View more questions Search