Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellyinkc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2006, 03:06 PM
    Lawn care program...
    First post! Going to do my own lawncare this year. Kind of nervous. Bought a nice rubber wheel spreader. Now I live in Kansas City.10K SQ. FT. yard. What's a good program? I have a lawn care outline it is as follows:
    App 1 Spring fert and weed control
    App 2 Pre-emerge with fert and weed control
    App3 Grub control
    App 4 Summer fert
    App 5 Fall feed and weed control
    App 6 Winterizer and weed control

This is my current lawn care provider program. Too much? Can I do better?
    Which products should I use? Kind of confusing at the store.
    Thanks a lot!

Kelly
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2006, 03:59 AM
    Here's how we do our apartment complexes:

App 1. Your first treatment should be the pre-emerge in March. It's mostly for crabgrass. You must get this one in before it sprouts - or it will do you no good. Fertilizer is OK with this one, but weed control is optional.

App 2. Spring Fertilizer and weed control

App 3. Grub prevent (I don't use it, so look on the packing for best application time).

App 4 . Early Summer Fertilizer and weed control

App 5. late summer to early fall Fertilizer and weed control

App 6. November "winterizer" - a heavy fertilizer only. Weed control is optional.

(We don't use weed control with 1st or last app)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2006, 07:19 AM
    HI,
    Thank you for posting a question here, and Welcome to the site.
    The only thing I can add is that I hope you have the time to mow your grass!
    The more fertilizer, the faster it grows.
    I used fertilizer on mine, here in VA, and instead of mowing only once a week, I had to do it twice a week!
    Pretty lawn, but a lot of work. I do wish you the best.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2006, 07:24 AM
    Be careful, though, to not take "more is better" too far. Too much fertilizer can burn out the lawn. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for the settings of the spreader - for how much should go down with the app.
    kellyinkc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 06:46 PM
    Thank you! Just about forgot about it! Too many forums not enough time.

Kelly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Um.. I just don't know what to do.. Care to help? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I broke it off with my boyfriend of 3 months because I was listening to everyone else telling me that he didn't treat me right and that he was always cheating on me. I heard that stuff from girls completely obsessed with him, and my mom told me to break it off and then my best friend, who used...

Um.. I just don't know what to do.. Care to help? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I broke it off with my boyfriend of 3 months because I was listening to everyone else telling me that he didn't treat me right and that he was always cheating on me. I heard that stuff from girls completely obsessed with him, and my mom told me to break it off and then my best friend, who used...

Why does she care? [ 4 Answers ]

Im 20 years old, but anyway I was wondering why do girls care about what size there clothes are? I mean I could understand for some but I've been going out with this girl for awhile and I would like to buy her clothes as a gift. But she won't tell me her jean size or anything, I got to look at her...

Nail Care [ 2 Answers ]

My nails are prone to grow ingrown and since it such an early stage as you can say I guess. Few sources suggests that I can treat it at home by the following: Soaking it in warm water twice a day. Trimming it straight  and smooth sharp edges with an emry board. Then elavate the nail and...

New to Lawn Care [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a house in April and now I have to start taking care of my lawn... What should I start with? I'm not sure what I need to do besides mowing it... It is April, so what do you usually do for lawns now? I'm a NEWBIE to this... I live in Rochester, NY.. Thanks!

View more questions Search