Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rweber Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Sanskrit lettering for tattoo
    Hi,
    My 10 month old son, David, is dying of cancer and I want a tattoo to honor him. I was wondering if someone could please translate the following phrases:

Every Day is like Sunday
    So Take to the sky

I also need his name: David
    I would appreciate any help that can be had. My husband and I feel so powerless that we can do anything. This tattoo is to honor him and help us heal in light of the horrible news.

Thanks
    And Namaste
    Rachel Weber
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 4, 2008, 03:45 AM
    I am so, so sorry to hear about your son!

I seem to have had some reasonably good success using the following site. Sanskrit Dictionary for Spoken Sanskrit I do wish that we had a designated expert here in translating words into Sanskrit. However, every once in awhile someone does show up who really knows their stuff about translating written words from other languages into the written Sanskrit. Hopefully, someone like that will come along and notice your post.

You may have to try the site above in the different ways that are available and maybe also try some things that is suggested on it in order for you to be successful. If you know what the name David stands for or means, you could also try translating that into Sanskrit.

If you do need emotional support, there are some really excellent people on this site who would be glad to help and support you!
    rweber Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Thank you so much Clough. I will use this website soon. I really appreciate your help and concern.
    Rachel. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sanskrit tattoo Translation [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Savena, Pronounced Sa-Vee-Na I'm interested in getting a sanskrit tattoo of my name, and I desperately need help on knowing the translation too it, please if anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Sanskrit tattoo translation [ 34 Answers ]

Hi. I wanted to get 'Reyna my daughter my love' translated into Sanskrit for a tattoo. Can anyone help? Reyna is pronounced (RAY-NUH). Thanks!

Sanskrit Tattoo [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone. Im getting a tattoo in memory of my father in sanskrit. Does anyone know how to say 'i came to visit' in sanskit? ~thanks

Sanskrit tattoo [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everybody! I want to get my first tattoo and I decided that I want my sons name or the first letter of my sons name on sanskrit... (because I always said to myself that if I didn't have any religion I would be hindu.. and I was always in love with the sanskrit and the way it sounds) I...

I want to get a tattoo in sanskrit [ 5 Answers ]

How do I write pure life? In spanish pura vida? For mu tattoo

View more questions Search