Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeremys38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Murray won't start
    My murray caught on fire last year from loose fuel line, but not badly damaged. I have replaced all burnt parts (fuel line, fuel and air filter, belts, muffler, and plug). I inspected all wires and found only 2 burnt completely: a yellow wire from start switch/coil, and black wire from sp. Plug. Both wires were grounded on side of engine near carb. I cut the wires back to good wire and grounded them on other bolts. It cranks good, but no spark. Fuse looks good. Do these wires complete a circuit and need to be grounded together again?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 05:14 PM
    If you have the spark plug wire grounded, it will not fire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray riding mower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

We have a murray riding mower. It is a few years old. I replaced the spark plug, checked it for spark and it Started fine after sitting up during winter. I tried starting it today, 1st it tried starting but it would only spin once or 1 and a half spins. Then started hearing a grinding noise that I...

Murray won't start but turns over [ 2 Answers ]

My murray ridding mower had a blade dissengage swith that had broken off its mount. So I taped the switch in so it would start, but this only worked till tape gave loose. I cut wires and wired both yellows together and both blacks together, and the extra black that jumped off it went to nothing so...

Murray Rider won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Have a Murray Rider mower new spark plug and battery but I can't get it to do anything... Don't know where to start on it... any suggestions.

Murray 11hp won't start, help please... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a little bit older model Murray riding lawnmower with the 11hp B&S engine. Im not sure exactly what year or model, the number I got off the engine and entered into B&S's website said it was not found?? But anyway, I have a brand new battery, power cables, solenoid, key ignition and...

Murray rider won't start [ 8 Answers ]

Ive got a fully charged battery, the starter just chugs a little, Not enough to start it up, and the red connection at the starter Heats up and smokes. Is the starter bad, or do I have electrical problem elsewhere? I think I just replaced the starter last summer. Help?

View more questions Search