Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicegrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 10:42 PM
    Job Hunting with Revoked Drivers License from a DUI
    I have 2 DUIs and am searching for a job. I do not have a drivers license, so I use my State ID as my picture ID. Today I had an interview, and on the application they asked me what is my drivers license number. I had to leave it blank, because I haven't had a drivers license in a long time, and I don't know the number. Should I send the drivers license number in with my thank you letter for the interview, or just forget about it, and not give the number?
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

May 1, 2008, 06:52 AM
    If you're asked, tell them you don't drive. It's the truth, right? An employer is likely to ask how you're going to make it to work - they want to make sure you'll be reliable. If the employer does a background check, be prepared for their finding out about the DUIs. Most likely result will be, you won't get the job. Keep at it, you'll find someone to hire you; after all, there are plenty of business owners out there who have gone through the process of recovery themselves. The question the business person will ask himself/herself is: "how do I know she's not going to go on a bender and let me down?"

And if you're not working a program of recovery, that should be your first priority - even before getting a new job. You're going to have a extremely difficult time holding down a job if you're still using!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Revoked license from one state cause another's conviction. [ 2 Answers ]

I was convicted of a DWI in GA the year of 2006, misdemeanor. In 2007 I decided to move to VA, surrendered my license March of 2007, and went through the process of living in two states. I received a citation for running the red light in GA, in which, the officer stated my VA license was revoked. I...

Drivers license [ 1 Answers ]

When was the first drivers license in Pa. issued, and when did they start charging for them.

Revoked driver's license [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in Florida driver's license was suspended 3x. 1 for tickets, 2 due to child support. I was in a car accident was seriously injured therefore I could not work because of a torn rotater cup in my shoulder, job fired me, so I couldn't pay child support I got everything taking care of and paid a...

Revoked driving license [ 11 Answers ]

My husband has two dui in the state of illinios which happen back in 1995 OK now we live in Wisconsin and he received another one in sept 2004 he has since went sober and has been for 2 years and 1 month which I am proud of him. I forgot to add his license were revoked in illinios and Wisconsin...

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search