Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovingLynn Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Talking skills
    Me and Steven have been together for 18 months and I still cannot talk to him on the phone. I am always quiet even when he is talking about something I love. I don't know what to do about it. When I am with him I talk about anything and everything, but I cannot seem to talk on the phone.:( He doesn't get mad about it or anything he always tries to get me to talk but I just cant. I can talk to my friends and family, well my dad is really the only person I talk to on the phone, but not Steven. Do you have any advice?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2008, 06:35 PM
    I think that is normal. The phone is impersonal and many people find it hard to talk on it.
    Maybe I-M's would be better for you. I know I do a lot better doing I-M's than I do talking on the phone. With I-M's too you can include links to interesting websites that you can share.
    I think it is a lot easier.
    If you can I-M him find something on this site that he would get a kick out of and send it to him.

JibJab | Funny Jokes, Animated Videos, Cartoons, Flash Movies, Hilarious Clips, Parody, Satire

Apr 28, 2008, 07:44 PM
    He doesn't have a computer or a phone of his own, he uses his roommates phone.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Oh
    Then I guess you need to spend more time with him?

Apr 28, 2008, 08:12 PM
    We see each other 7 days a week. We can't spend anymore time with each other lol
    maria16 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 09:31 PM
    If you see each other that often maybe that's the reason there's not much left to say on the phone?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Can you two talk on the phone while looking at one another. It sounds silly, but it's fun. I had the opposite problem, talking on the phone was easy. Then a boyfriend called me from around the corner, in my own house. When he showed his face I couldn't talk. Then he hid around the corner and I talked to him.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2008, 09:40 PM
    simoneaugie: I just imagined the talk-around-the-corner bit and couldn't stop laughing for some time. But hey, whatever works.

Lovinglynn: do you know why you can't talk? Do you feel nervous, bored, or just not have anything to say?

May 7, 2008, 02:26 PM
    I don't know what to say most of the time
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

May 7, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Is that your personality?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling skills! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a beginner in sales. So, I want to learn more about selling skills to be success in this field. Please give me some advises.

Communications skills [ 1 Answers ]

What are some skills that people have but could benefit from mastering?

Better My Skills [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 17 years old. I've been playing basketball sense I was 13. My skills vary.. I am an outstanding shooter, I can shoot 3s, I have an outstand mid-range jumper, I can bank shots, and 90% free throw shooter.. I have above average passing skills, I can attack the paint and find the open man. I...

Skills [ 4 Answers ]

I have yo answer this question any help please, Please explain how your experience,skills knowledge and personal qualities meet the requirements of the job you have applied for It's a caretakers job

View more questions Search