Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mariesa Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 09:01 AM
    How do I break it off
    Since my last post about always being mean to my boyfriend I did a lot of thinking and decided to break up with him. I don't want to continue to hurt his feelings and I can't make myself be nice to him. From the advice I was given from my last post I realized that I obviously have issues that I need to work on before I go any further in this relationship or any other for that matter. I broke up with him on Thursday but we already had plans to go to 2 birthday parties. He asked me if I would still go with him so he wouldn't have to make excuses as to why I wasn't there. I agreed then he asked me to at least spend the weekend with him and on Sunday it would all be over with and he would leave me alone. Needless to say that really didn't work. After the weekend he kept bugging me about staying with him and he made me feel really bad so I said OK we would stay together and work through all of this.

The problem is that I really don't want to. I want to work through my issues first but he just won't let me. We had a long talk on Friday night and he thinks that I just miss my x. I keep telling him that's not the case and that I need to just be alone to sort things out and he's just not really hearing what I'm saying. How can I get him to understand what I'm saying. I want to break up I don't want this relationship anymore. Please help
    tishsuz Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Apr 28, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Sounds like he is insensitive and desperate. Never, ever, ever, let a man guilt you into being with him or staying with him. If you stay, eventually you will resent feeling "trapped" (which is what he is trying to do).
    Cut the strings for now. If he understands, great. If he doesn't, he doesn't deserve you anyhow. You know what you need. You are not responsible for his reaction.
    Smoked Posts: 157, Reputation: 29

Apr 28, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Make sure to make it clear that what he is doing is driving your further away. Explain to him one more time what's going on and that he needs to respect your wishes or by not doing so in effect he is saying he doesn't respect you. Here is the deal though, you need to distance yourself, and that may mean not taking his calls etc... If this is what you want, and you need time then he needs to give it to you or you need to cut all ties.
    missy84 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Be honest with him an tell him it just ain't working for u anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am so confuesed. Break? Does that mean break up? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend decided to text me and tell me we needed a break. He promised me we would get back together. He said he keeps thinking about the past and stupid stuff. He said I was his everything and that we would be back together real soon. His ex has kept bothering him.. and now we talk but I...

It's best that we take a break [ 30 Answers ]

And that's what he said after 11 months of serious dating. Why? He said he felt pressureed and in a box because he knows that I would like to get married and that my parents want me to get married. He said our relationship needs to move to the next level or is in that place where it's moving to...

Break up [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend just broke up with me. He claimed I was the love of his life, his soulmate. He had plans to take me on a cruise and out west. I told him his anger was an issue and I couldn't live like this, not being able to feel I can approach with a concern , because he would last out with...

View more questions Search