Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    judy6213 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 05:19 PM
    New faucet, Price Pfister Genesis 53P-50SS, no hot water pressure
    I replaced my old kitchen faucet with a Price Pfister Genesis 53P-50SS. Now I have no hot water pressure and the cold is also reduced, but not as much as the hot. Before the replacement, my pressure was fine. Price Pfister sent me all replacement parts but still no improvement. I have checked to make sure there is nothing blocking the water flow from under the kitchen sink. This is driving me nuts, any suggestions?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 27, 2008, 04:28 AM
    Hi Judy,
    I have checked to make sure there is nothing blocking the water flow from under the kitchen sink
    How did you check? Did you shut the water off under the cabinet and open up the valve and check the inlet ports of the cartridge? While the valve was open did you turn the water back on for a minute to flush out the supplies and open valve body? I would also take a peek at the check valve located directly under the cartridge. What I think has happened here is that when you installed your faucet you disturbed some minerals built up in your pipe walls and now they're blocking the inlet ports of the cartridge. Have you tried all that stuff? Talk to me! Cheers, Tom

Apr 27, 2008, 07:38 AM
    No I have not done that, I don't even know what you are talking about. I did shut off the water and made sure that there was no tape blocking the connection. Is there somewhere that would show me a diagram of what you are talkiing about? Thank you so much for your help. I will do what you suggest just as soon as I know how.
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 27, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by judy6213
    No I have not done that, I don't even know what you are talking about. I did shut off the water and made sure that there was no tape blocking the connection. Is there somewhere that would show me a diagram of what you are talkiing about? Thank you so much for your help. I will do what you suggest just as soon as I know how.
    First, shut the water off at the stops in the cabinet, (see image). Now open up the faucet,(see image) and remove the handle set screw and work on down to the #974035 Cartridge.Pull it out and check and clean the inlet ports. Now turn the water back on for a few seconds to flush out the supplies and the open valve body. You should have a strong stream coming out of the open valve body. If not then click on back with the details. If everything looks OK then reassemble and test. Good luck, Tom

Apr 27, 2008, 10:08 AM
    I did what you said, saw no debri, put back together, no better, removed again, left out a small cartridge that was in the handle where the pull out hose attached to faucet handle and have a good bit more cold pressure and a little bit more hot pressure. Any other suggestions? I may just have to get another faucet?
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 27, 2008, 10:23 AM
    turn the water back on for a few seconds to flush out the supplies and the open valve body. You should have a strong stream coming out of the open valve body
    Was there a full stream when you flushed out the supplies? What part did you take out of the handle? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Price Pfister 26 Series Faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I recently intalled a Price Pfister 26 series kitchen faucet. The faucet seems to work correctly, except that the flow out the faucet is low. Also, the flow from the spray nozzle is greater than from the faucet. I have checked the system pressure to be 40 to 50 psi, so I know that is not the...

Price Pfister faucet [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old PF faucet (expensive) which will not remain partially open... say about 50% or less the handle closes and shuts off the water. Wide open stays open. The handle has a 'button' on the top, but it doesn't want to come loose with fairly gently prying. Please help! Jerry Triggs

Price Pfister Single-handle kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have the faucet and DO NOT use the sprayer. The installer just tied it beneath the sink and I put a hand soap dispenser in the sprayer hole. There is NO WATER PRESSURE. It just dribbles infuriatingly. I found that the little logo button comes off the main chute of the faucet but I don't know...

Price pfister [ 2 Answers ]

Recently installed 1 knob shower faucet made by price pister . Problem here is the tub spout has plenty of flow but when you pull the knob for the shower the pressure isn't that strong . Any ideas on how to get more pressure from shower. Thanks for any info, Ryan p.s. I used 1/2 copper

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search