Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gsquared Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Troy-Bilt riding mower blade removal
    I'm trying to remove the blades but the nut on both blades won't budge. I sprayed them both with WD40 but still not happening. I got the mower up on jack stands so that I could at least sharpen the blades but they are in bad shape and still cut rough. I didn't want to try and loosen the nuts while it was up on the stands because I feared pulling too hard would knock the mower off the stands.

Problem too is that even when I roll the mower up on a ramp, each ramp is directly under each nut so even though I have the ground clearance, the ramps are in the way of getting an impact wrench in there. Any ideas? Maybe a ratchet and socket with an extension and a breaker-bar?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Use a block of wood to wedge between the deck and blade, this will hold the blade still while you remove it, the breaker bar and perhaps a cheater bar is a good option. Use caution, and either remove the battery connection(+), or spark plug to ensure the engine will not start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy-bilt riding mower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a troy bilt riding mower and when I'm going along cutting grass the mower just stall out. When I try to start it, it turns over but won't start, when I turn the key again it just clicks, I turn the key again and again it just clicks, finally I turn the key again and it starts, runs for...

Troy bilt riding mower won't cut [ 2 Answers ]

I have a troy bilt riding lawn mower and The blades won't spin not sure what is wrong

Troy-Bilt Riding Mower [ 2 Answers ]

How do I route the drive belt for a Troy-Bilt riding mower? ModelD609G, 17.5 HP

Troy Bilt Riding Mower [ 2 Answers ]

Our mower won't start. It acts like the battery but it is good. If my husband turns the belt just a little then it will start otherwise it just clicks. Does anyone know what is wrong with it. We bought it used and the lady we bought it from said it was the battery low and it is only a year old.

View more questions Search