Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sable07013 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Husband had prostate cancer in remission 2 years not same person
    My husband had prostate cancer and has been free of cancer for 2 years. But he has changed so much. He drinks a lot. He worked in the mortgage industry and he had to
    Resign because he loan decisions were bad. He won't talk as to why he is doing this and
    I am at my wits end. I love him more than life but we have finances to pay and he has
    Only dropped of 1 resume. He has been off for 4 days and he is golfing, drinking and
    Sitting outside reading books. Hello... to me this is not normal. He has always took pride
    In his job, he very nice person and everyone loves him. He can't explain whey he made
    Bad loan decisions he just says that he can't say no to people that need his help. Well
    Who is suppose to help him if he won't talk. I need advice soon before I go crazy. Please help. Thank you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 23, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Cancer can be a killer, not only in the real sense of the word, but the emotional sense also. I know, I've been there, done that, and got the t-shirt, but mine was breast cancer.

I would like to suggest that he get some counseling to deal with the issues he is having. It seems to me, that since his life practically flashed before his eyes that he wants to enjoy the life he felt he almost lost. Counseling can give him a reality check and show him that he is fine now, he's doing well, and he needs to find a purpose in his life again and be the responsible husband he once was.
    Mapleleafpete Posts: 125, Reputation: 4

Sep 2, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Dear Sable I can relate with your husband.I just had the surgery August 13 2007 and it has changed me.I don't no if your husband can still get a erection,if not imagein how he feels,I feel like less of a man myself.My wife is great,lots of suport but at times its hard to understand what I'm going threw.I can't really offer any help but just to try to think like a man,lol.. I no you can't but in time I hope your husband shakes loose and realizes life can still be good, I also have to do the same thing but its hard,good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prostate cancer [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if having your prostate totally removed due to cancer, can you still have and erection with stimulants? Thanks

Prostate cancer [ 1 Answers ]

:rolleyes: How difficult is the recovery from robotic surgery to remove the prostate?

Prostate cancer [ 3 Answers ]

Im not concerned that I have it I just want to educate myself. Is prostate cancer lumps on the balls or like a lumpy substance in your ball sack?

View more questions Search