Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plumit Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 03:29 PM
    What is a belly
    What is a belly? What does it cause? How is it caused? Diagrams?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 22, 2008, 03:59 PM
    PLUM it.. I need you to be more specific here...

Belly what.. A BELLY in the pipe..

If you are referring to a Belly in a pipe, means that there are DIPS or SAGS in the pipe from pipe being improperly hung.

For example, pvc needs to be hung/supported every 4 feet. Let's say a person hung pvc every 8 feet... would expect to see a "belly" or sag in pipe between hangers... NOT ACCEPTABLE or professional workmanship.

If not belly in pipe.. what else are you thinking..?

Thanks... Mark
    plumit Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 05:35 PM
    I was referring to a belly in a pipe that is underground in a main hallway in a school. What causes a belly? Damage?
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 22, 2008, 05:45 PM
    A belly in underground pipe is most likely the result of poor backfill and compaction of soil under and around underground pipe prior to pouring the cement floor. Pipe/dirt settle differently if not compacted properly.. leads to belly in pipe and finally failure of pipe.
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 22, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Sometimes the belly is a result of poor compaction UNDER PIPE... but PROPER compaction on TOP of pipe... can create a belly in pipe even before ever get started... ;)
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 22, 2008, 08:29 PM
    So Plumit, your schools has a sewer drain problem and the maintenance guy says maybe there is a belly in the pipe, am I close at all? 35 years in a school and 38 years repairs homes and plumbing talking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Self belly piercing. [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I really want my navel pierced but my mum being my mum she said no I've got everything you would need to get it done lying about my room and I no how to serilise it etc My questions are, Should you go from top to bottom or bottom to top? How much forse should you apply on the needle to...

Belly peircing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I got my peircing done around November, I cleaned it 3 times a day but this month I have just stopped cleaning it , I might only clean it once in about 2 weeks. I was told that if you clean it a lot you're weakening the tissue around the peircing which invites more bacteria. Do you think by...

Burning of the Belly [ 5 Answers ]

Greetings everyone, I am Adeel Ahmed all the way from Pakistan. Let me tell you how do I look like. Age:23 Sex: Male Height: 5'10 Weight: 78 kg Occupation: Banker My problem is very simple and not very simple. I have a big belly and looks terrible.(36 waist British*). It is very important...

Belly [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 13 I had my belly button pierced last year but I used witch hazel it went infected and the two holes meet as one I now have 1 scar at the top . My mate is going to have hers done on the weekend I would like to have mine done with her my mom said I can but she thinks they won't do it because of...

Beer belly :( [ 3 Answers ]

I weigh 185lbs and I have been working out for a month now (running and bicyling).. I have lost fat around the chest and weight is coming off my thighs.. However my belly is being stubborn... Fat is sticking to my stomach (specially around the belly button) and it makes it look like a spare tire!...

View more questions Search