Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prosenjitpaul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 01:49 AM
    My name is prosenjit paul
    I want to start my own new business. Though I don't have much capital to invest, as I am working but don't have enough savings to invest in business. I don't know if its weird to ask whether there could be something like business and done without investing?
    Actually any business needs lots of investment in material, taking a shop, etc. which becomes a really costly affair. I don't have so much money, yet in order to fight the difficulty that my family is in, I need loads of money, that too in a short period. This is not attainable by doing a job paying 25,000 to 30,000 a month.
    If you could please suggest what business should I take up which fulfills my needs, I'd ever appreciate that.
    Will wait for a reply soon
    Thanks and Regards
    Prosenjit paul
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Apr 22, 2008, 01:47 PM
    I don't know where you're located, and the opportunities will vary from country to country. Whether you can make a lot of money in a "short period of time" depends on what you mean by short, and the fact that you don't have much capital and are working means you don't have the money or resources to invest in starting a business quickly.

Here in the USA, when the real estate market is booming buying run-down properties and fixing them up or turning over high-end houses has been one way people have made a lot of money quickly. But either takes capital and time (and at present the real estate market is terrible here). You could start a business then franchise it through a large territory; a local person here in northern Illinois USA started a small sandwich stand 40 years ago, now he has 2-3 chains of restaurants bringing in many millions a day. He didn't have a lot of capital to start, but he spent 40 years building a business. You could get advanced training in a field where salaries are high in the USA, like medicine or law; but that takes capital and time for the training. Or, you could win the lottery... but you're much more likely to be struck by lightning.

There are a lot of schemes out there that say they will make you rich quickly. Don't believe them; they'll take your money and leave you with nothing. If your family is in immediate financial difficulty, consider financial counseling to determine a best approach, and the possibility of borrowing & paying off later. If things are really bad, you may have to look into bankruptcy and engage a lawyer, if that option is open to you in your country.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2008, 03:38 PM
    For people who are good, really good in sales, there are many products and services that can be sold. 100,000 a year income for sales agents are not uncommon for those that are good and work very very hard

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I start looking for grants to start up construction business in Mn. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello,I am John and I would appreciate any help I could get on finding some grants or low interest loans for starting a concrete contracting business.I have searched some sites but most want money for a kit.My credit is not very good and I am just trying to start a small construction business.I am...

How do I start my own business [ 6 Answers ]

Where can I go to find out about how to start my own business in Alameda Count Ca. Are there seminars that will tell me how to go about this?

How to start my own business? [ 5 Answers ]

How can I start a office cleaning business? What steps do I have to take?

19 and trying to start a business [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am 19 year old guy and me and my friend who is also 19 wanted to start a business of some sort but we have no idea where to start or what we should work on because of the fact that we are so young most people do not want to help... So if anyone would please point us in the right direction.

Start a business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Me and with my friends wand to start a business. Every one will pay of USD 10,000.00. Our capital is of USD 100,000.00. Our business depend on getting opportunity in any sector (Stock Market, Properties, Cars... ) means small fund. I need your advise, how to start this business and what the...

View more questions Search