Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jroe_28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 09:44 PM
    92 accord
    I have a 92 accord LX sedan. The problem tha ti am having(I think) is that the car is not shifting into overdrive. It will sometimes but not all the time. Other than that the car is good. Anyone know anything that could be wrong?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Try changing the transmission fluid--I recommend full synthetic (e.g. Mobil 1 Multi-Vehicle Full Synthetic ATF). If the problem persists, I'd take it to Honda for servicing.
    jroe_28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Should I use full synthetic if it has never been used? The car is a 92 and has 148,000 miles on it. It was serviced at the Dealer. I checked the fluid level and I think that it was a little more in it than what is supposed to be, but it is clean.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2008, 10:28 AM
    I would. Is the current fluid pink?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1986 Honda Accord LX/1996 Honda Accord LX [ 12 Answers ]

Would someone be able to tell me if the wheels on an 1986 Honda Accord are interchangeable with those of a 1996 Honda Accord. Thank you

97 Accord [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got a great reply to my windshield wiper question - But I have a follow up question. I was told to spray the switch with WD-40 - do you mean the actual switch in the car that turns them on? I know this might be a stupid question, but cars are not my specialty, and I thought I would ask...

92 accord [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my 92 accord . When is cold the idle is high like it should but after the engine warms up it idles up over 2000 rpm down to 1200 back and forth even while I am driving it.If I let the car sit for a small amount of time it will idle at 800 rpm. I have replaced 2 sensors one was...

92 Accord [ 1 Answers ]

I ran my 92 Accord out of gas like an idiot. Now I can't get it to start despite putting fuel in it. Checked the fuel line and it still has fuel and pressure in it right before the injectors, but I'm getting no spark on the plugs. Is there any sort of reset. The car was running perfectly before...

89 accord [ 2 Answers ]

Car was running fine but after 100000k I put in new plugs and cap. Now it misses just coming off idle, worst when cold. Put old plugs back in, same miss :mad: . Any ideas, wires maybe? It ran perfectly before

View more questions Search