Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Implantation bleeding or threatened miscarriage?
    Hello all, I am about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant according to the doctor. I have had light spotting that differs in color for 8 days now. Only shows on tissue no pad needed. Doc has me on bed rest which sounded like fun... turns out not so much... I get to lay around and wonder if this is implantation bleed or if I'm losing my baby!! Ahhh I am losing my mind!!
    Doc said it could be implantation bleed but couldn't be sure... don't get to see him again for 5 days... either way he said as far as he's concerned any bleeding is a threatened miscarriage... he couldn't really tell much this early on... if any one can help id love to hear from u... best case senario its implantation bleeding, but really how long can that last??
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 20, 2008, 04:17 PM
    I'm not sure what it is, I would listen to your doctor 100%. Bed rest is the best thing for you right now. I know it can be tough, I went through it once, only for 1 week, but it seemed like a year. Hang in there and try not to worry too much, that will only make things worse. Try and enjoy being waited on, rest, rest, rest. Keep us updated and good luck.
    tigger_07 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 04:43 PM
    Hello

Am new to this, but in jan I found out I was pregnant, then in feb I had some dark spotting. I phoned the hospital and they said it was normal unless it changed to a bright red/ pink colour and came with cramping or clots!

Nothing happened after it I just spotted very slightly all day then at night it turned bright red and I lost the pregnancy so my advice is don't phone any one, go get checked out asap!

It could be nothing but better to be safe than sorry!
    kdk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Hello all, just an update. The bleeding continued heavier at times with cramping and then back to spotting. Its been a very long month. My hcg and progesterone levels were also low. Monitored every other day, they weren't rising normally, they were unable to see anything (not even a sac) on the us, they also did a vaginal scan still nothing so my doc decided to do a d&c on Friday. He told me that there wasn't really anything in the uterus, and didn't see anything outside of the uterus either. Went in on Monday to get my levels checked again and they went up another 300 (which only put me at 1700 at almost 9 weeks) the conclusion now is that I have an ectopic pregnancy, we just don't know where it is!? Tuesday I went to the hospital to get a methotrexate injection. And now were just waiting to see if the levels go down within the next week.
    happynlove Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Iam so sorry to hear that. I just had a miscarriage and a D&C 2 weeks ago. It is a very painful experience physically and emotionally. I started spotting just like you, then it was heavier and painful, my hcg levels went down from 300 to 30.9. I hope everything goes well for you and I will pray for you...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 15, 2008, 11:58 AM
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I had a miscarriage 2 years ago at 3 months, I started to hemorrage and almost died. Don't give up hope, I know many women who've had miscarriages and go on to have healthy pregnancies. Give yourself some time to grieve this loss and then try again when the doctors give the okay. Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maybe implantation bleeding? [ 4 Answers ]

OK so me and my husband have been trying to conceive I had my prd. nov. 2-6 which is odd because normally I stay on it 7 days but now this morning I think I started it again which makes it 4 days early... odd... but its brownish color and light I've also been urinating more frequently the past 3...

Implantation.Or Miscarriage? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I really need YOUR help right now... I believe I am pregnant.. or so I hope. I think I believe I conceived April 9th, 10th, or the 11th. ( I am thinking more for the 9th). Anyway yesterday I woke up a normal day went to work and around 11:30 a.m I felt like I was going to get my period...

Implantation bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know exactly for how long can implantation bleeding last?can it continue(in the form of spotting)for 8days?what are the other possible causes of light bleeding between the 20th and 28th days of the menstrual cycle?please help me urgently... :confused:

Is it a miscarriage or implantation bleeding or period [ 2 Answers ]

Can you help me, my last period was 27 dec , the period was strange very brown and discharge , and it only lasst for 3 days , January, no period had I test on the 29 jan negative, having sore breast , but negative , on the é feb went to the toilet wiped myself and had a little blood it is now the 4...

Implantation bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Well first and foremost me and husband have been trying to get pregnant for a year, but through that year I only had maybe 4 periods, so I went to the doctor and the doctor put me on birth control I've only been on for a month and two weeks... Now my period started sept 18 and lasted until sept 28...

View more questions Search