Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    judym Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2006, 01:32 PM
    2005 Income Tax Return
    I someone lives in the state of New Jersey, but works in the state of Pennsylvania, do they need to file both a New Jersey and Pennsylvania income tax return for 2005?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 15, 2006, 03:34 PM
    JudyM:

What does your W-2 say? Was money withheld from both states, or just PA, or just NJ?

Up until about a week ago I would say that two state returns were needed, but I have been told on this forum that PA and NJ have a reciprocity agreement where if the citizens of one state work in the other that only one tax return would be needed.

I have no first-hand experience on this issue, but if the state's tax rates are about the same, it makes sense to have such an agreement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Return on Assets & Return on Equity [ 1 Answers ]

Question... Lily Cosmetics has annual sales of $500,000,000. They maintain a net after tax profit margin of 5% and they have a sales-to-assets ratio of 4. A) What is the Return on assets? B) If the debt/equity ratio is 0.5, what is the Return on Equity?

Cpt + opt for 2005 [ 1 Answers ]

I worked on CPT from May-AUG 2005 and on OPT AUG 2005 to OCT 2005 for my first employeer. And from OCT 2005 to DEC 2005 for my second employer. So I have 2 W-2 forms with federal tax witholding.Since I am an indian citizen Should I get full federal refund. Or is there any deduction from my federal...

Nis 2005 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys Please help me I have recently installed Norton Internet Security 2005. I have created a situation whereby I am still the administrator but have changed my name to dad. This now means I can't log off as dad and log back on as administrator. I have tried creating a new windows account...

View more questions Search