Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sixallens Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Ceramic tile for ceiling
    How do you apply ceramic tile to a ceiling in a shower stall?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 21, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Pretty much the same as if this was a floor. I use modified acrylic thinset. For my 12 " tiles I use a 1/4" notched trowel and butter the Hardibacker well. When the tile is set give it a slight twisting motion and the thinset will hold the tile until it dries.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to tile (ceramic) a bathroom ceiling? [ 9 Answers ]

My basement bathroom ceiling is very low (7ft), especially over the shower/tub area. As a result, I am installing ceramic tile on the ceiling because of the moisture thing. I'm already using the same 12x12 ceramic tile on the floor and walls. This tile is recommended for floor or walls. I...

Ceramic tile over self adhesive vinyl tile work? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a small bathroom with self-adhesive vinyl tile on the floor. Can I put ceramic tile over this vinyl tile?

Replacing Ceramic Tile [ 1 Answers ]

I had someone put in a ceramic tile floor for me and did a terrible job (home improvement contractor scammed me). I now have to take it up and redo it. However, I don't want to have to take up the cement backerboard. I was thinking of using an embossing leveler over the cement backboard already...

I am installing ceramic tile on the bathroom ceiling - without it droppong off. [ 2 Answers ]

1.) Do you apply the thinset to the tile first then put on the ceiling? 2.) What type of thinset do you recommend for ceiling application? 3.) What type of trowel do you recommend (U or V shaped)? How big? 4.) How much thinset do you apply to the tile or backerboard? 5.) How do you grout the...

Removing Ceramic Tile [ 4 Answers ]

I need to remove a Ceramic tile floor that is in thin set Mortar. The problem is that the tile has a clay type bottom and the tile Is coming up in very small pieces. Any thoughts? I am thinking about Purchasing a demolition hammer. Not sure if that would help. Thanks For any replies

View more questions Search