Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Turasleon Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 02:46 PM
    Haunted home?
    I need some help, and I came here because I honestly don't feel as if I have another place to turn.

I am a twenty year old male, living at home with my parents and two sisters. We moved to this home several years ago, in the October of 2000. It was a run down place, desperately in need of repair, but my father is a handyman, and he wanted to take on a project for potential future gain, as the house is beautiful: just was in disrepair (it had lain unoccupied for several years).

Now, shortly after moving into the home, problems began to arise. Stress levels in the home began to increase in the manner of a snowball effect. As problems arose, we would take care of them, and get past them. However, problems began to escalate, and the family slowly drifted away from one another.

In the first few years of moving into the house, immediately, there were some things that happened consistently which frightened us. We kept hearing doors opening and closing within the house, and there always seemed to be a car door slamming outside, even when no cars were in the driveway. We all attested it to the fact that the house was rather frightening to begin with: it was extremely dark and there was no working water, as well as no heat, when we first moved in. My father worked very long hours, and was never really home at night, so my mother was left with her two children. Obviously, it wasn't exactly the most comfortable of situations for any of the three of us.

Now, as the house was being fixed up, we gained heating, air conditioning, water, and many rooms in the house were finally refurbished. Things began to get a little more comfortable, but there was a strange feeling that none of us could shake, and there were several things that kept happening which none of us could really understand, and couldn't just attribute to fear anymore.

The car door, as well as doors inside the house, still kept slamming. My dog would bark incessantly, and become extremely frightened, when there was nothing to be seen within the house. At one point, I had seen a very dark shadow moving outside of my home near my front door.

My mother constantly sees dark shadows. Being a very strong Christian, she fully intends to deny any of these things exist. My sister saw spirits as well (I forgot to mention, she is only two years younger than I am.) throughout the house and outside.

To top this off, there is some strange aura radiating throughout the house. Everyone that I have spoken to on the topic has mentioned that upon walking into my home, they become extremely uncomfortable, unable to relax. Those who stay overnight can't even find comfort if there are several people sleeping nearby (parties, etc.), and as for those who have to stay in a part of the house alone, they consistently feel as if they are being watched, and most feel scared for no reason whatsoever. There are some who also get a terrible feeling from two rooms in my basement, and this feeling is the same when I ask other people, and it's the same two rooms. There is also a spot on my floor that has been recemented, and is in a rather peculiar shape, very similar to that of a human body, only wider and longer. There is a pipe nearby, so I believe the spot may be just a result of a poor repair job, as the cement wasn't even done properly, but it makes me wonder nonetheless. I get a horrible feeling from that general area, and always have, and only recently noticed the shape.

My baby sister was born six years ago, and as we know children are able to see things that we can not. She has become frightened many times for no real reason, is terrified of my basement (this happens spontaneously while she's down there: she's fine for a few minutes, and then just becomes very frightful), and in the past used to stare in certain areas with a look of wonderment and confusion when it was a corner, or a wall, or something of the sort.

At one point, my mother tripped over something on the floor

Our family life is being ripped to shreds. Everyone is angry, and very frustrated, on a constant basis. Things keep happening at exactly the worst possible times for us (even things outside of the home, but still related to the family), and depression is mounting, very strongly, for all of us here. We can't be around each other, every single one of us seems to have our minds lost in a haze, none of us can focus properly.

I can't concentrate, I can't focus, I am very, very frightened within my house for absolutely no reason, I keep feeling as if I'm being watched, I hear voices on occasion, I see shadow people, and I keep imagining things that I'd rather not think about. My sadness is becoming very intense, I'm very frustrated and I can't figure out what is going on. Everything was fine before we moved here.

I've done reading on spiritual attachment, of a spirit attaching to one's body. I've read up on damage being done to one's chakra, and their energy, and coincidentally I keep having pains on, and below my rib cage, but they aren't sharp... just dull, heavily concentrated emotion, and I'm not the only one in my family that feels this.

I don't know what my family can do. Has anyone experienced anything like this? If so, how did you deal with it?
    SBowman Posts: 71, Reputation: 6

Apr 17, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Although I can't say it's haunted house, per se, this is a very eerie set of events. As a former ghost hunter, there are a few tips I could give to check on the condition of your house. Firstly, check around for any cold spots within your house, and then have someone give a run about your house on the foundations. Ensure that it's secure, since a house with young foundations or loose ones do have tendency to shake certain parts of the house, meaning that you might not feel the vibration, but your upstairs bedroom area could, leading to closed doors or slightly moved furniture. As difficult and unrealistic this sounds, this happened to our house for a little while.

If you have an attic or a cellar, check for animals in any location. The presence of animals could create uneasiness and the feeling of someone is 'watching you', as many people who have that feeling usually have it related back to an animal in the house. Uneasiness and depression could also result from very light amounts of animal feces within the house, making your body uncomfortable, putting people emotionally on edge.

Make sure you don't have any leaks within the home, as you said it was a bit 'run down' (sorry for a lack of a better term), so check for any possible leaks or spots where the heat or water could have some problems. This could be a causing factor for some of the 'human body' thing, as the cement could crack from the condition of the room.

For family dynamics, the best I can do is to suggest you run this feeling over with everyone in a big meeting, and see if you can address these feelings with a family counselor, if the need arises.

Also, if nothing else works, check up with the real estate agent who sold you the house if possible and see if you can find out the previous owners of the house, and then contact them and see if they had any issues with this before.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Ok, I believe in places that have deomonic presence, your mother as a Christian should accept that is poosible, if we believe in heaven we believe in hell, if we believe there is a God and angels then there is satan and demons.

But also many families divorce over starting a major home project.
    Old homes have all sorts of noises, and almost all kids are deathy scared of basements esp in old houses.

And as for as past owners, go down and do a deed search or tax records
    Turasleon Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Thank you both for your current responses. There are actually a few points I missed that you had brought up...

In response to SBowman:
    1.I'm not sure if the foundations are loose. As for the youth of the home, however, it has been added on to twice. The different sections are aged 75, ~53, and ~27. The house is also a ranch, with only about a quarter of it having a second floor, and another half of the house contains the basement. The setup is a bit strange, but the additions were put in rather awkwardly.

2.Animals were actually a problem for a very long time, namely, squirrels. However, we found out where they were getting into the home, and were able to block them off. We haven't had such problems for months. The feces I can understand: some of the carpets have not been changed since we moved into the home, and they aren't exactly in the best condition, if you know what I mean.

3.I should have been more clearer when describing the "spot." I just realized that my first description didn't get my point across... the spot is on my basement floor. It is located under a section that was once tiled, but due to water damage that the house used to suffer, the tile had I suppose separated from the floor, or something happened, I don't know for sure, but there is tile before, after, and surrounding this section on the floor, but not on it. Glue has been placed over the spot (the tile adhesive) and as such, there must have been tile, or some flooring, on top of the area which had since been removed. By the way it looks, the area has been dug up and recemented, and as well, was tiled over once the repair job was completed. There is no doubt in my mind that this floor section was unearthed, the question is why. As well, the basement floor itself is contained within the original structure of the home: it is not an addition, although I'm not sure when the tile was placed upon the basement floor.

4.For the family, I agree: been trying for some time to get help, or at least reach some sort of compromise. However, no one is willing to make any alterations to their rather damaging lifestyles, and for them, a therapist is basically out of the question. I'm trying to figure out if it's just stress, stubbornness, or something else, but I seem to be the only one seeking help to mend the family's wounds.

5.This is where things get even more interesting... two owners ago, the family who lived here seemed to have fallen into a similar situation. Their income plummeted, their family life collapsed, they proceeded to go bankrupt, and lost everything. The owner after that turned the home into a brothel, and once the government found out, he was shut down. I haven't been able to get any information as to whether murders or suicides occurred in here, and I don't even really know how I would go about that, but I'm sure that would help my search as well.

I heard a story once, regarding ghost hunters. As a former ghost hunter you may know the answer to this question... if I take a camera, which has standard film (not digital, etc.) and take pictures throughout the house, is it possible to see these beings in the developed pictures? If, of course, they exist?

Thank you for the response.

To Fr_Chuck...
    1.I agree, I've told her this many times, but I believe she's refusing to believe that they exist in order to somehow comfort herself by being ignorant about them.

2.Yes, I know. Most children are afraid of basements, especially considering what television has done to them. My basement isn't exactly the prettiest sight, either. I just found it odd that her fears were consistent throughout the house, but just escalated within the basement. Could just be her being a child, but I just put it here in case is was evidence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Haunted? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know if the house (address) 59 Masters Drive St. Augustine Florida has ever been known for hauntings and was it a bad or good haunting?

Am I Haunted? [ 31 Answers ]

Okay, you all are going to think I have lost my mind, but I wonder sometimes if I am haunted. That probably sounds like a weird thing to day, but it seems like weird things seem to follow me wherever I go. We just moved into our first home (my husband,son and I), it was for sale as an estate, and...

Haunted by an Ex. [ 8 Answers ]

We dated for 6 almost 7 months and we were very happily in love. We broke up and got back together 3 times.. which on my part, I see now, was my mistake for taking him back 3 times. You do break up for a reason after all.. but you know how it is.. Break-ups are very hard, especially when you...

Am I being haunted? [ 2 Answers ]

The first time I expirianced something wiered I was at my old home and I heard a noice and when I looked up at my drewer I saw my dools face turned downed when it was originally straight and then as time went by I had a slumber party with my friends and a doll spoke and it had no batteries but...

Most haunted [ 5 Answers ]

Ok tonight shows the living TV (travel channel if your in the u.s) final night of most haunted live they are in the city of glasgow and the place of paranormal investigation is yet to be announced... Now last night they were in some vaults and a few of the crew were attacked by so called...

View more questions Search