Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gajodhar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Linear function
    Because of an incredibly difficult test , a professor decides to rescale the scores so that the maximum possible is still 100 for a perfect paper, but the average is to be rescales to 75 , instead of it being left at 62.

A. Find a linear Function that represents this scaling. ( the newly revised score should be states as a function of the original score.)

B. If 60 on the new scale is the lowest passing mark, what grade does this correspond to as lowest passing mark on the original scale ?
    iamthetman Posts: 105, Reputation: 8

Apr 17, 2008, 02:34 PM
    I believe there are many possible solutions to this.

One possible solution would be f(x) = x + 13 * (100-x)/38 although lower orignal scores like 20% change more drasticaly than higher original scores like 80%.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Writing a linear cost function equation [ 5 Answers ]

can someone help me write a linear cost equation using y for estimated costs and x for activity cost driver if the machine operating cost include $200,000 of machine deprciation per year plus $75 of utlity cost for each day the machine is in operation. :confused:

How to write a linear cost function [ 9 Answers ]

If the fixed cost is $4000, and 50 items costs $7000 to produce, what is the linear cost function?

To graph a linear function [ 3 Answers ]

How would I graph y=3x - 4

View more questions Search