Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

Apr 16, 2008, 02:38 PM
    AVG scanning time
    How long should it take for AVG freeware edition to scan my PC which is a Dell GX60?
    Lula001 Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Apr 16, 2008, 02:50 PM
    I think that all depends on how many programmes you have, how much stuff you have on there and the size of the HD.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2008, 03:39 PM
    AVG is rather slow, it took almost 2 hours to scan my laptop and I don't have that much to scan!

McAfee was worse, over two hours.

I use Antivir. It is FREE for the basic virus protection and with Vista and Windows Defender for spyware and Firefox for popups and spyware I have had no problems at all.

It even un-zips compressed files in the scan which AVG nor McAfee ever did.

This program scans my entire system in less than 45 minutes!

You may want to give it a try?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online scanning [ 4 Answers ]

Is online scanning safe. Is there any reliable site through which we can do online scanning. Many a times pop up windows come up saying scan your computer,it is infected with virus.

Scanning during pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I am seventh month pregnant.I am 26 yrs old.I have a doubt regarding scanning.last time when I went for scanning doctor who was doing scanning told his colleague that (during scanning)it is a "lower case".what does it mean by that?

Email scanning [ 1 Answers ]

I am using Norton internet security 2005 I have disabled the outgoing email scan in antivirus options still its scanning the emails for threads when sending emails is there any solution ? :confused:

Scanning documents [ 1 Answers ]

I want to scan an application form to the computer, preferably to Word, and fill it out on the computer. I can get it to Word, but I can't work on it there. Thanks! rugcutter

View more questions Search