Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tigerlily6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Getting the right shade of red on grey hair
    I have had 3 hairdressing Salon attempts to get dark red hair with no root glow.
    The first gave me loads of highlights and the rest brown - too light
    The second (same hairdresser) covered the highlights and coloured it supposedly red but turned out dark brown - too dark.
    The third insisted on doing the whole head even though I had grown the colour to the correct shade but only needed roots, but had root glow on previous dye, so changed hairdressers.
    I am now reluctant to put my hair in the hands of so called professionals, I have been dying just the roots to allow the colour to lighten this has taken about 4 months.
    Does anyone know what brand hair dye is the best for covering white hair to dark red without root glow? I cannot face the thought of ending up dark brown again!
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Apr 16, 2008, 11:24 AM
    If your hair is more than 50% gray you will probably require a superior permanent hair color product like Clairol's I have used this product on clients with more than 50% coverage of white/gray hair. In fact check out the website. http://www.clairol.com/niceneasy/niceneasy/step4.jsp#

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change shade of dyed hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I do really need a good advice how to get rid of orange shade of my dyed hair. My natural haircolor is dark ash blond and I wanted to get light ash blond so I bought a color at a store that said "extra ash blond", expecting nice white sandy blond. But!! I am light orange! :eek: I went to...

Hair Coloring - Dying auburn hair with grey roots [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice for dying already dyed auburn hair with massive grey roots. I heard that using an ash color will diminish the brassiness.

Dark hair, how do I get a good shade of blue? [ 3 Answers ]

I have dark brown hair.. Its pretty dark. Where can I find a powerful hair dye, without bleaching? I just want it for a little while, as little as possible. I want to dye it a nice medium shade of blue. Its for a photo... So the shorter its lasts, and the more vibrant it looks (if I can get that...

Ingrown hair and dark shade [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I shave the hair keep growing down to my neck and I really hate that I'm 23 looking like 28 this ingrown hair and that's when the dark shade comes I'm light brown and its very noticeable major help please thank you

View more questions Search