Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ginntonic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Windows cannot open
    Windows cannot open help & support because a system service is not running
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Apr 15, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Right-click My Computer and select Manage.
    Select Services and Applications and then Services.
    Scroll down the alphabetical list for the Help and Support service.
    Look at the status of the service. Is it running?
    If not, then right-click on the service and select Start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't open windows XP desktop folder [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My father had a motherboard failure on his computer. He decided to get a new computer. But there is a folder on the desktop of his old computer called PICTURES that he wants to access. I installed his old HD into the new computer as a second HD. I am able to access the DOCUMENTS...

Windows Explorer will not open [ 6 Answers ]

I am running windows xp. Recently I have not been able to open windows explorer & control panel. When I try, all icons disappear from the desktop for a few seconds and then slowly come back. Nothing else happens. It is not a shortcut problem. I have run virus software & registry fix...

Windows Media Player Won't Open [ 4 Answers ]

For some reason I can't get Window Media Play11 to open. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I've made sure that I have the proper codec. But I can't seem to get Window Media Player to open. My operating system is Windows XP for Home, service pack 2. My computer is a Dell Dimension 2350...

Countinious rebooting not open windows [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All. I'm new here and have encountered a really unfortunately problem with my hp laptop. This morning I was running a music. I've done it countless times in and has given me no problems, until today that is. It crashed. I easily noticed it because the music was looping itself every second....

Can't open up Windows media Player [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot open up windows media player and getting frustrated! I have tried scanning my computer for any viruses and removing them but it has done nothing. Another thing, when I open up internet explorer it doesn't go to my hompage just comes up blank and have to type in the url to get to it. ...

View more questions Search