Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KnowkOnWood Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Login screen
    When I turn on my computer and get to my login screen when I can choose what user I want to login as my computer won't recognize my wireless mouse/wired keyboard. I know they are both working because when I move my mouse the receiver blinks so I know that it is getting the signal and my keyboard is lighting up. So some help on this issue would be nice,thanks
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 10:19 PM
    Sound like a driver problem. Though the light lites up, the pc's drivers is not recognize the command from the wireless. Have you installed anything recently? Have yo tried a mouse or keyboard that is not wireless to see if that works? Did the wireless stuff some with an installation disk?

You may want to start comp. with old keyboard and mouse,uninstall your wireless software and drivers and then reinstall them like you did when you first got them
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Apr 11, 2008, 03:39 PM
    When the computer boots are you able to use the keyboard and get into the BIOS at all? Also try hitting F8 to see if you can get the Windows startup menu. (Assuming you're using Windows)
    At that point the computer has not loaded any drivers so if it works there and not in Windows you have a conflicting driver loaded in Windows.
    If you can't get into the BIOS try a different USB port.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C with split screen [ 5 Answers ]

Hello,I have an eight month old Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C My sound is great. My picture is distorted. Seems it has a divided screen. With little movement of the actual picture. Colors are way off. And none of the controls work except for channel up and down work, but very...

Blank screen after xp splash screen and then hangs [ 2 Answers ]

My colleagues and I work in a tech environment and we have seen several computers with the same symptoms. Namely a failure to boot xp. After the xp logo screen the screen goes to blank and it just hangs. This looks like a graphics card fault but changing card does nothing. Booting into safe...

I can't use the mouse or keyboard to login at the login screen, not in safe mode too [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here's the background. My wife's PC (identical to my own, and running on Windows XP)was restarting at shutdown recently on it's own and I saw an error that said there was some kind of driver error. So, I uninstalled the nvidia drivers in hopes of installing the most recent ones. I don't know if...

XP Automatically Shuts Down At The Login Screen! [ 1 Answers ]

Dear; I've Got An Error In My PC That Whenever I Enter Password At The Logon Screen. It Shuts Down Without Any Prompt Screen.Please Suggest Me A Solution. Thanks

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

View more questions Search